Video from SE Indiana on Gen 5

• Member Contributer

Waay da minute! There are twisty roads in south Indiana? -- Interesting video of being a backseat driver. --- (Um.... you said it... but your shifting isnt poor - its gawd awful.) Get smooth.... and buy Nick Ienatch's book....

https://www.amazon.com/Sport-Riding-Techniques-Develop-Confidence/dp/1893618072?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 10:18 PM, iMotoPilot said:

Nice!   Please share your camera and set up.  Silky smooth video. 

The GoPro camera was mounted via a 1/4"-20 bolt that is placed through a hole drilled in the left passenger grab-rail.  I used the tripod mount that accepts a 1/4"-20 bolt.  It works quite well.  You can aim the camera to the front, side, back, etc..  I no longer have pillion pegs, so the grab rails have no function other than this.

• Member Contributer

Nice shots.  If you want to work on your "shifting" plus everything else AND have tons of fun riding without as much trial and error take a class at a track...

http://www.midohio.com/School/Courses/Motorcycles/Performance-Track-Riding

Cheers,

Matt

I'd be curious to see the RPM's from this ride.  It sounds a like a lot of shifting at low rpm's.  I suppose if this was just a lazy cruise around town, you wouldn't really be ripping up to redline.

Anyone else thinking the same thing, or is it just me?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 7:05 PM, Gavmac said:

I'd be curious to see the RPM's from this ride.  It sounds a like a lot of shifting at low rpm's.  I suppose if this was just a lazy cruise around town, you wouldn't really be ripping up to redline.

Anyone else thinking the same thing, or is it just me?

This was a pretty casual ride and was not meant to be "aggressive" whatsoever.  I'm riding on public streets, not a closed course.  RPM's were between 4000-7,000 RPM.  I'm easy on my VFR and see no need to run her up to redline/11,500 RPM.

Archived