New Member, In Sydney, Australia, '97 Rc36

veeferbkk

Hi all,

I just wanted to say hi and also thank you. Here's my '97 4th gen, not my first V4 as I own a couple of NC35s but my first 750/800. I picked it up last October and have been upgrading it mostly with information I've found here. It came to me with 72,000 km on the clock, the Staintune can, an upgraded reg/rec and this paint job courtesy of a previous owner. I brought it home, adjusted the valve clearances, replaced the steering head bearings, tires and fluids and then immediately rode it through Southern NSW and Victoria a total of 4,000 km with my wife on the back. It never missed a beat. We were impressed.

I've since replaced the front rotors and installed some re-sprung and re-valved VTR1000F forks along with VTR calipers, an ST1100 m/c and s/s lines. I had the OEM shock re-valved by Shock Treatment here in Sydney and re-installed it with a 5 mm shim over the top mount. The bike now performs much, much better.

There's nothing about these bikes I can say that hasn't been said. I use mine commuting, shopping, touring and on the track ... it simply does everything pretty damn well. It runs like a clock and does not use a drop of oil.

Thanks for the add and thanks for all the good info.

JB

VFR%20side_zpstuluki8v.jpg

IMG_1980_zpsjgux30qg.jpg

VFR%20Akuna%20Bay_zpslixii2mm.jpg

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum. As for the machine, all I can say is Wow. She's a beaut.

• Member Contributer

Welcome from the northern hemisphere!

NACA's are the best :beer:

• Member Contributer
VFRD -- possibly the greatest enthusiast forum in all the world. We have all manner of motorcyclists here: old, young, fast, slow, commuters, tourers, racers, modders, stockers, master mechanics and noobs.

Welcome to the community.

I like the custom paint job.

Archived