New To Fifth Gen. How Do I Remove The Seat?

Lint

Just this. I can't figure out how to remove the seat. I read that I rotate the helmet lock the opposite way, but that doesn't work. What should I do? If the helmet lock/seat lock is supposed to do it, mine is frozen. The helmet lock works, but it won't do anything else than that.

EDIT: How do I remove the seat since it appears that this seat latch is frozen one way.

• Member Contributer

Turn the key 1/4 turn clockwise. You should hear the rear latch release. Pull the rear of the seat back & up. If it's sticky, try pushing back from the front as you pull up & back the rear as you turn & hold the key clockwise. You may need assistance for that bit.

• Member Contributer

Good tips, also sometimes the seat will put pressure on the latch and it doesn't release. Press down and forward on the passenger seat, turn key to unlock and hold while sliding the seat up and back.

There should be a cable running from the lock up to the latch. Check to make sure it is still there and connected. This gets a bit more complicated if the cable is broken.

Archived