2016 Vfr. ?

dancinkozmo

• Member Contributer

I might venture still difficult to tell. Honda US is still showting the 2012/2013 1200. They may have a lot of leftover 14's and 15's and want to move those prior to posting a new model year.

• Member Contributer

Honda had a 8th gen at the recent Long Beach Show. No VFR1200F but there was a VFR1200X and the new Africa Twin.

I had to jump on the 8th gen which had several BMW800 GT riders around it when I was there. As they were extolling the virtues of the twin they were drooling looking at the VFR. I have to say it is a looker and I would be on board ....but my 5th gen is still purring!

med_gallery_2144_2760_1417436.jpg

• Member Contributer

Cogswell is probably correct. The Canadian site is showing the 2014-15 VFR800F, no VFR1200F, and no VFR1200X, but the 2016 Africa Twin is there with "Coming Soon" where the MSRP should be. I haven't been on the big red powersports site for some time. Good lord, is this what they've done to the ST1300?

Honda-CTX1300T.jpg

• Member Contributer

Maybe it's just me, but I used to walk in to a bike dealer and drool over the sleek, curvatious body lines sitting in the showroom. Nowdays I practically cringe and wonder "now what . . . " Thank goodness for the 8th gen - it's lines are growing on me and I could see myself owning one someday to replacing an aging 6th gen. Honda's website is still showing 2010 ST's . . . I've seen one at a local dealer - 0 miles. As for the CTX, methinks Honda should be prepared for having leftovers for some time to come.

• Member Contributer

As for the CTX, methinks Honda should be prepared for having leftovers for some time to come.

Looks like someone parked a cruiser beside an ST in Jeff Goldblum's matter transporter from The Fly--with similarly appealing results:

Fly.jpg

I owned a CTX700 before my 7th gen. It was a very capable bike that never failed to draw positive comments whenever I took it out. I just could not live with the feet forward controls. If I could have feasibly modified it to get my feet under me, I'd probably still have it...I enjoy not riding the same thing everyone else has

Honda's Japan market page shows the 2014 models as red and black, and added white as a 2015 option. No changes to the bike itself, so unless they add a color it's unlikely there will be a specific 2016 model unless there is production needed. They may have built all they need to carry the year, as has been the case with some other models in the past.

http://www.honda.co.jp/VFR800F/

Mind you, they didn't announce the 2015 model until February of this year.

Archived