Shendengen Mosfet Rr

snowy

Hi everyone,

I am hoping someone can tell me if the Shindengen Mosfet FH020AA RR is compatible with my 2003 6th gen. From what i see it only has 6 wires whereas the stock RR has 8, if so how is it wred.

Snowy.

It is not a bolt on, if thats what you are asking. It will take some customization to get everything to work. Ideally, you direct solder the 3 yellow stator wires directly to the fh020's AC input and the bolt the fh020's dc output directly on to the battery, bypassing almost all of the vfr's factory charging system/wire harness.

• Member Contributer

Hi everyone,

I am hoping someone can tell me if the Shindengen Mosfet FH020AA RR is compatible with my 2003 6th gen. From what i see it only has 6 wires whereas the stock RR has 8, if so how is it wred.

Snowy.

Hi Snowy!

I hope you are well... it's been awhile. What bike is the FH020AA off? Is it the new replacement for the FH012 for the R1s? We can compare the wiring diagram for that bike with your 6th gen. The 6 wires are probably 3 stator wire inputs, (+) (-) outputs plus a voltage sensing wire

• Member Contributer

Anybody tried these. I bought some last month, just need a heat gun. Seem to work well although the 4.0 - 6.0mm take some heating.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350839322483?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=620148341478&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• Member Contributer

Hi everyone,

Snowy.

Hi Snowy!

I hope you are well... it's been awhile. What bike is the FH020AA off? Is it the new replacement for the FH012 for the R1s? We can compare the wiring diagram for that bike with your 6th gen. The 6 wires are probably 3 stator wire inputs, (+) (-) outputs plus a voltage sensing wire

Hi Snowy,

Here is a thread with a fellow 6th genner doing some work with the FH020 RR that could probably give you wiring help and is offering a mounting adapter plate...

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/78879-rr-flip-plate-mount-for-the-fh020aa-shindengen-rr/page-3#entry1020157

Archived