Nuts

Skids

• Member Contributer

Nuts have sizes associated with them I gather.

I want to replace the 4 nuts that hold the bottom black plastic onto the base of the engine down either side from the front to abeam the pedals.

Does anyone know the correct size/designation etc so I can find a stainless equivalent please?

Thanks.

• Member Contributer

According to the microfiche on the RonAyers.com website, they are listed as Pan Screws (5x15), so I presume they would be Metric and 5mm.

According to the microfiche on the RonAyers.com website, they are listed as Pan Screws (5x15), so I presume they would be Metric and 5mm.

Which is what they look like. They're not nuts! Whiz one out and measure it, if its OD is 5mm then it's M5 as suggested. I doubt it's a fine thread or anything so order 5 x 15 SS pan screws.

Why do want to replace them though? They're anodised so shouldn't corrode.

• Member Contributer

Which is what they look like. They're not nuts! Whiz one out and measure it, if its OD is 5mm then it's M5 as suggested.

Which is why I asked the question because I have no idea what measurement relates to what. It's one of those "if you know the answer, it's easy" type things.

They might have their size reflected in the description on the parts fiches?

http://www.bike-parts-honda.com/honda-moto-model-VFR-1200-2013.html

Thanks m8, didn't have access to a 1200 parts fiche.

Thanks.

Archived