Great Touring Grips?

30Bones

Removing my Oxford heated grips and want to put some better feeling grips on there. Years ago on my 1050 Sprint I had Sunline Grand Touring Grips and loved them, but they no longer are around

So what does everyone prefer? Bargain grips and grip puppies?

• Member Contributer

I really like the Renthal dual compound kevlar road race grips. I don't know if Renthal is still making them, but they can be found at several places on the internet still. Don't let the road race part scare you. While they may work well for that application, I like them for long rides because they are so grippy, wet or dry, that you can relax your hand and still maintain traction on the throttle tube. Mind you, I don't have a throttle lock/cruise control, so I have to keep some grip on the throttle.

X001-Y001.jpg

I think Bike Bandit has them for just under $14 each, plus $9 shipping.

If you search "BMW Grips VFR" on Google, there is a write-up from someone on this board (sorry, I can't copy and paste into this thread while at work). That will give you the part numbers.

• Member Contributer

The Progrip 714 is what you're looking for. Takes a little cutting to fit (open up the closed end for the bar ends)

20150109_171230_zpsjxbfygy2.jpg

Very comfy. Cheap. Good looking

• Member Contributer

Been pleased with Pro Grip and just tried a set of Spyders for the newest VFR. Not many miles on them yet but so far they are nice.

Archived