3Rd Gen Rear Cowl: Removal Of Seat Pad

Hi guys (and gals?)

Hopefully a simple question: I want to remove the seat pad from the rear seat cowl on my 3rd gen. I thought it would come off after removing the screw but it seems pretty tight on there. Is there a nack to removing it? There are two black plugs and it looks like the trick might be to squeeze them while pressing them out at the same time. Can anyone confirm? Doesn't seem to want to budge and don't want to break anything...

Malcolm

• Member Contributer

to remove the seat on your bike you need to unlock it with your key.and then press a lever on the lock.

if you are referring to a plastic "solo seat" cover. its bolted on . one bolt on each side of the seat . carefully slide up.

• Member Contributer

I've replaced one before. You have to unlock 2 plastic push pin tangs on the pad after removing the screw. A small screw driver with a little pressure does the trick.

Nick

Thanks guys - successfully removed with a bit of pressure and squeezing on the plastic tangs... bit embarrassed to have asked such a simple question... must be getting lazy in my old age!

• 4 months later...

Hey guys, i want to buy a seat cowl for my 93` VFR750, I`ve found one but the color of the pad is grey, my seat is black. Is it possible to paint it black, it is plastic or leather? (i only saw it on pictures) thanx

I actually changed the colour of mine using VHT Vinyl Dye... not sure if it is available worldwide, but did a good job... It worked on the seat, too, so it is pretty tough stuff.

Archived