Motogp Aragon, Any Suggestions ?

Mattie660

To be honest the choice of Aragon over Jerez, has more to do with the timing of work commitments than actual preference for Aragon.

Still, nice ride down, even if it rains. Chance to see one of these new modern facilities, see some top racing, buy the T-Shirt, come home with a few photos, oh and a nice long ride home !

I am sure you enjoyed Jerez - probably a great atmosphere - and sunny !

• 1 month later...

Little write up, just in case anyone is interested for next time - race was last week end in September.

When booking your seat, choose carefully as you cannot walk around the whole track, like you can at other circuits. Your seat number is where you will be. I chose a Grandstand "A" ticket opposite the start/finish line, which has its moments, but not a great view of the racing. You get to see all the razamataz, which is cool, but you cannot walk around the circuit.

The circuit is easy to get to, and maybe 5 miles out there are traffic cones, and a one way system, and the traffic just rolls along with no junctions until you turn off. Lots of police directing things, easy as anything.

Your parking is attached to your seating area. You park in the zone for your seating. I ignored it first time round, and went round again looking for other options. But there is no point. May as well park your bike near to where you are going to sit. You do not have to, but what is the point in parking 1 mile away and walking round on the road to where you are going to sit. All organised, you can leave your bike and helmet in a security section if you want to pay for it, but plenty of bikes did not even have locks on, that were parked in the general parking area.

Not that much food and drink on offer, a beer/cold drink bar that also sold ham/cheese bread rolls, was all, and a couple of porta-loos. Some stalls selling T-Shirts. I think this is repeated in each grandstand section.

If I went again it might be to a different seating area, with a better view of the circuit, maybe one of the banked areas.

The best part was the trip down, and the location of the circuit. There are some great riding roads around there as well, if you fancy taking the scenic route back to your hotel. Lovely twisties through harsh spectacular country. Nearby town of Alcaniz gets completely packed with bikes. Weather was warm and sunny, but at this time of year that is not guaranteed.

The race was okay, but the ride down, the ride in the morning to the circuit each day, and the scenic routes back to the Hotel were the highlights. The bikes all coming together and massing at the petrol stations along the way, is always good fun.

Saw two new red Gen 8 VFRs, and plenty of older models. A few pictures:

21668230018_3663ccb3eb_o.jpgSuzuki Trackgirl by 660 Mattie, on Flickr

21669218819_bc33bdf35f_o.jpgThe Greatest of All Time by 660 Mattie, on Flickr

21669213579_d59cc8b5ce_o.jpgDani Pedrosa by 660 Mattie, on Flickr

21420116404_7cf1666bae_o.jpgHot Persuit by 660 Mattie, on Flickr

21844173482_9cb8476726_o.jpgChampagne time by 660 Mattie, on Flickr

21856282745_c29fe625ea_o.jpgBikes leaving Aragon GP by 660 Mattie, on Flickr

• Member Contributer

Aragon seems like a really neat track, but I certainly don't like the idea that you cannot walk around it or choose where to sit. Thanks for the warning!

Ciao,

Archived