Front Brake Rotor Interchange 45220-Mal-G01

highsider989

Hi all:

Through my motorcycle life time I happen to have one slightly used and one new in a bag front brake rotor for a CBR 600 or a vtr1000. Will these rotors work for the VFR? The major difference seems to be the number of free float buttons. 8 on the CBR, VTR and 7 on the VFR. I haven't taken the front rotors off the vfr to see if they will work yet. Are all 97-01 honda rotors the same offset?

Thanks...

• Member Contributer

I looked at this a few weeks back, and concluded that the offset of the disc between the VTR and VFR is the same or very nearly, but the wheel hub that the disc bolts to is much narrower on the VTR than the VFR, so the disc spacing from L to R is also much smaller on the VTR. That means you can't just swap a VTR wheel into the VFR fork. I believe that if you fit VTR fork lowers and brakes, the VTR calipers need a small spacer between the caliper and leg to maintain alignment on a VFR wheel.

um..ok. As I have both I think I'll just pop the front wheel off and check the difference and measure them. If they don't work I would keep them incase i ever went to an F3 front end.

• Member Contributer

My recommendation is to skip the F3 front end. Just swap Triples with a 6th Gen and go to F4i front end like I did...re-use your front brake rotors without any shims...direct swap...don't even need an F4i wheel...you WILL need an F4i front fender...

Archived