Seat Latch Cable

trchidester1

• Member Contributer

There is no cable adjustment on 6th gens. It could be that the cable end has come out of the locating boss on either end. Checking the key end would require battery removal.

• Member Contributer

Has anyone ever needed to adjust the seat latch cable? I find mine has a lot of slack, to the point of barely clearing the latch when actuated, and I don't see an adjustment in the service manual diagrams.

Thanks!

Change the cable, do it now. The reason it is getting longer is because it is breaking slowly as Bowden cables do.

Has anyone ever needed to adjust the seat latch cable? I find mine has a lot of slack, to the point of barely clearing the latch when actuated, and I don't see an adjustment in the service manual diagrams.

Thanks!

Change the cable, do it now. The reason it is getting longer is because it is breaking slowly as Bowden cables do.

Yeah, that would just suck.

• Member Contributer

The way to do it.

You will need a suitable sized bit to fit the Allen screws under the saddle and a 6mm spanner to turn it.

By prising up the edge of the saddle you can fit the bit into the screw, a long nosed pliers will help. Releasing the saddle means it presses down on the bit, holding it in position. Undo the screws each side.

If you have pillion grips or pannier frames fitted, these will have to come off.

With the external screws removed from the saddle surround it is now possible to ease the surround rearwards enough to get to the seat latch mechanism.

Archived