2014 Vfr Accessories - Hugger, Bag Liners, Exhaust With Bags

I'm getting close to trading my 2002 Interceptor for a 2014 model and looking for options on several accessories. The NWS hugger for my gen 7 VFR was excellent, but I don't see one for gen 8 and the Honda part looks small. Any comments on the Honda hugger effectiveness or better alternatives? Has anyone found a front fender extender that fits the new model?

The Honda OEM saddlebag liners look pricey at $150. Will my previous generation liners fit or will they be too big if the new bags are smaller? I see Two Brothers offers a slip-on designed to fit with the Honda hard bags, but wondering if any brand slip-ons will work with the Honda bags? Thanks, Jim.

• Member Contributer

The fender extender fit fine on mine. Pyramid plastics

Vfr12 liners will fit ( I don't have them but use packing cubes instead) according to their owners a lot of space is lost so would avoid.

Despite what folk say FJR13 ones don't fit either. As they fitted in the previous model panniers I would say yours won't.

Haven't looked into a rear hugger yet

Powerbronze and Ermax make huggers, the Ermax is definitely larger. I'm still trying to decide which one and what color I want myself.

A lot of slip-ons will fit, you can usually tell by looking at the angle and such (anything that comes up the same as factory or lower will work). The exhaust thread has a lot of comments as to which ones fit. I know my mini 8in. Delkevic sits at stock height, so hard bags should be fine with it.

I have the OEM hugger, it is unobtrusive but works OK and fits well as you would expect.

I got it from Webike Japan, half the cost from a local dealer.

• Member Contributer

Hi Dogman.

Thanks for the heads up on the Hugger, just ordered one from Webike Japan. Hanging out for some warm riding weather!!!

Cheers.

Grum

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting close to trading my 2002 Interceptor for a 2014 model and looking for options on several accessories. The NWS hugger for my gen 7 VFR was excellent, but I don't see one for gen 8 and the Honda part looks small. Any comments on the Honda hugger effectiveness or better alternatives? Has anyone found a front fender extender that fits the new model?

The Honda OEM saddlebag liners look pricey at $150. Will my previous generation liners fit or will they be too big if the new bags are smaller? I see Two Brothers offers a slip-on designed to fit with the Honda hard bags, but wondering if any brand slip-ons will work with the Honda bags? Thanks, Jim.

I have the OEM Panniers and my Delkevic slip-on (mini 8" carbon fiber) works beautiful in conjunction. Plenty of clearance. http://www.delkevic.us/index.php?route=product/product&path=1678_5733_5758&product_id=2706

• Member Contributer

attachicon.gifvfr.jpg

Here is the Ermax on my 2015. I'm still unsure if I like it. Looks good (better from other side) in same colour as the bike, but it gets dirty really fast.. and then it kinda doesn't look good.. :unsure:

You did good and WELCOME ...

Archived