Things I Love About This Bike

• Member Contributer

After a few years out of the game I just picked up another 2002. It only has 900 miles on it and looks and feels brand new. Cleaned it up, had the shop go through it, registered it, inspected it, and am enjoying being back on two wheels.

Being away from riding for so long, I am being reminded of why I like this particular motorcycle so much.

LOVE the sound. Especially at idle and taking off from a stop. Intoxicating.

Smooth like butter.

Very neutral riding position.

Fun to get on the throttle, but easy to put down a lot of miles.

Classic, ageless style. Still looks good after 13 years.

A head turner. I parked at a Subway today and the young guy in the car next to me was staring. You could tell he was trying to figure out what it was. He finally got up the courage and asked, "What is that?" After a brief explanation and a couple questions answered he replied, "Looks awesome."

Easy to transform from one-up to two-up, or from sport to touring with a quick change of a few parts.

It just does everything so well. Hard to explain. Turns in easy, corners hard, accelerates hard, brakes hard, yet has a very compliant, comfortable ride.

The deceleration pop...pop...pop

I came close to buying something else this time around. Glad I didn't.

~Chris

900 miles? WOW - thats a find!! I assume you had or flushed the brake and clutch fluids, oil change, etc.... THe muffler oil will likely need a change as well at that length of non riding....)

I too - get those "What is that" comment from wide eyed observers - love me my 6th gen!

• Member Contributer

Great find and welcome! I'm sure I don't have to tell you make sure recall work was done and consider installing a VFRness.

• Member Contributer

Nice find! I too have had a few people compliment the bike. I even got a thumbs up from a motorcycle cop who passed me in the carpool lane as he was splitting lanes, a bit faster than me and traffic I might add.

• Member Contributer

I haven't been on this forum in a long time - a bit too much hubris and ego for me. I picked up an NC700X last year and it has become my main bike. But some friends wanted to go up to Swanzey for a Moto Guzzi rally and I had to pack a tent and sleeping bag and sleep pad and clothes and yada yada and I decided the way to go was the VFR with hard bags and I could toss a soft bag on the passenger seat and be good. My plan was that if I encountered any hiccup at all I would sell it and the NC700 would be the keeper. Damn, not one moment was wrong. I got close to 50 mpg of conservative riding, the twistys from Sanzey to Great Barrington were intoxicating on this bike and when I wanted to superslab it home in the rain I had zero apprehension of hitting 70 on the Pilot Power 4s. The 6th gen is just an great all arounder.

Archived