Gel Seat?

Having done some longer journey's I am in need of a comfy seat! The original is not bad but I have been spoilt with previous bikes. I have tried looking but can't find anyone doing a gel seat yet, any suggestions?

• Member Contributer

What are longer journeys?

Got to say I have no problems with the current seat, doing 500 mile days with ease. I find it a lot more comfortable than other bikes.

You must have an iron butt! I start getting a numb bum after 100 miles and need to stop. Anyone got one of the newer versions of the Airhawk, looks awful but may be comfortable. Or am I just getting soft in my old age?

Fink, you have been outed as the iron butt rider. LOL. We have had this discussion before, and I'm guessing you might not carry as much weight around the midsection as I do, but for me, the shape of the seat is fine, but the foam in the seat just doesn't hold up under my fat ass very good. I have a ZX7R that has never left me sore. The seat is firm and never collapses under my weight. The VFR foam smashes down under my weight and creates hot spots after a couple hundred miles.

If we all had your build, we'd all find the VFR super comfy, but we don't, so some of us need an aftermarket option. I am hoping for a Corbin option soon. I hear they are typically on the firm side, so I'm thinking that is exactly what I need.

• Member Contributer

Have you tried Custom Motorcycle Seats? He hand-makes them so. He may not have done a 14 800F yet but he has to start somewhere and you may get a discount for being the guinea pig.

I love mine on my Vtec. Going to get one on the 1200 this winter.

• Member Contributer

What are longer journeys?

^^My thoughts exactly, the first tank full is just there to check the fuelling is working OK

Archived