Happen To Have A Mirror Removed Off Your 6Th Gen At The Moment?

WGREGT

If you have a 6th gen and happen to have a mirror unmounted, can you do me a favor? Can you give me a good measurement center to center on the mounting holes on the OEM fairing, as well as a measurement outside to outside of the same holes?

Thanks. I'll take mine apart if I have to, but was hoping maybe someone here is in the middle of a project or a mirror swap.

• Member Contributer

It takes 30 seconds to remove a mirror; I'm sure someone could do it.

If not, I'll do it when I get home from work tonight.

• Member Contributer

5cm & 6cm.

Used a tape measure as I don't have any calipers but it was so close they have to be accurate.

HTH

• Member Contributer

Center to center is 5cm...I get that. But outside of left hole to far outside of right hole is...6cm?

My fault...I'm not doing the cm to mm math. Imperial system and all...

Correct. 5cm centre to centre, 6cm outside to outside.

I'll bet I'm not the only one wondering why you want those measurements. What kind of project you got going there? Yeah, I'm a nosy bastard :biggrin:

I'm confirming measurements b/c I'm in the home stretch (hopefully) of making some adapters that fit on the 6th gen that will allow the use of GSXR signal mirrors on the 6th gen. These have been made and sold here before (years ago), and I have the original CAD drawings for them.

The CAD drawings have proven a bit troublesome to open, verify, and scale.

I have one trial piece made for fitment, and hope to have another idea for it by tomorrow. Then, next steps are to fit it, and see how it works, then make them and sell them here, if there is interest.

More info on all of this here:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/31665-gsxr-mirrors-on-6th-gen/

(PS that post goes back 8 years now, so it's been a bit of a...search, so far.)

Archived