8 Spoke Finished Finally

HRCCBR

I will probably do the front when I have the time.......but after looking at it I don't think it is as horrible with the darker front as I imagined.

Hard to see from the pics but there is a lot of metallic in the powder that really shines in the sunlight. I like the contrast of the lighter wheels with the darker bike but I also put chrome wheels on a black car sooooooo.

post-30533-0-26467400-1431094960.jpg

post-30533-0-47076500-1431094986.jpg

post-30533-0-42926000-1431094999.jpg

• Member Contributer

The 8 Spome looks good in just about any color, some colors just "pop" more. I think color matching the front might just look a tad nicer.

I agree Duc2V4......doing the front will require me to not ride the bike for a period of time which, for right now, is more important than colors!

Or buy another '98-09 front wheel off Ebay, powder coat it, then install it and sell your existing wheel on Ebay.

No downtime then. A little more messing around though.

• Member Contributer

Or buy another '98-09 front wheel off Ebay, powder coat it, then install it and sell your existing wheel on Ebay.

No downtime then. A little more messing around though.

I went this route for my commuter. I also "lent" that wheel to Rogue_Biker when he had his wheels done. Essentially, he got my old wheel, I got his wheel and the one I bought is now on my '09.

I'd offer it up for "exchange" HRCCBR but the cost to ship back and forth would probably be about the same as finding a used one without the benefit of leaving you with a "spare". plus it's now in use.

• Member Contributer

I can probably round up a spare to use while yours is being powder coated...

Thanks guys! I just found out that the powder coater can do a 48 hour turn around since they now have the powder that I requested! It took 2 weeks for the 8 to get it back but 2 days is nothing!

• Member Contributer

I can probably round up a spare to use while yours is being powder coated...

I now have two extra set wheels also.

Archived