Day Ride-Rolling Thund3R Review Hits Silicon Valley..twice.

bayarearider

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Damn it was good to see the old gang again and meet a some new silly valley riders.

Thanks for putting this together Greg.

• Member Contributer

Corralitos Market and Sausage Company is the place a few noted smelled good as we passed.

There is a crazy short cut that starts from there via Eureka Canyon/Highland/Summit/Bear Creek to Skyline. Highland would appeal to those ADV bike boys..makes Hazel Dell look like a Freeway..plush suspension friendly.

If Smoked Sausage isn't your thing, Freedom Meat Locker is pretty special and nearby...BBQ Brisket and TriTip.

I've already started shopping ADVs, please don't fuel the fire...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

If I'm correct that would be a KTM SMT 990 a touring motard not an "ADV" bike.

Those things are bad ass, they got great reviews. Don't know why they stopped making them.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for another awesome day. The roads,company and most importantly the key lime pie were most excellent dudes!

Carlos it was nice meeting you, and Ed I checked the tire pressure when I got home....it was fine lol. Gonna try and find some stickers that look like band aids now.

Till next time gentlemen.

Tj.

• Member Contributer

Damn. Too bad I can't make it on the 23d. We're gonna have to head back up to Mt Hamilton so I can set up on one of those hairpins and try to get some decent pix of you guys draggin knee. I was fumbling with my camera and you guys came up so quickly that I only got one lame shot. Too bad. 311 miles, 11 hours 25 minutes door to door. Might be the last hurrah for my red 5th Gen. If I can't get a decent price for it, though, I guess I'll just keep it until CL is VFR deprived. Later, Jeff J.

post-20466-0-55745000-1431305290.jpg

• Member Contributer

Great roads and of course a great group. But after Pescadero, now I need new front brake pads! Still, cheaper than that 1290 Super Adventure...

Hey Greg, did you ever find out if your camera was running when we made the last stop?

I'd love to see and hear it if you can post it up. Thanks dude.

Tj.

Negative. Cam recorded on the Fritz on off on...grrr

New (rough draft) route posted for "SVLoopII", back on post #1

Thoughs, feedback?

Ed, if you're not familiar with the "Soquel San Jose Rd." leg that runs along Hwy 17, I may run it this upcoming weekend..

Bought this one off an old man about 3 weeks ago. Probably be riding it next time.

Hot damn! Nice. I like those yellow ones.

Also must subtly comment on the seemingly low number of photos taken on rides at which I am not present...

• Member Contributer

New (rough draft) route posted for "SVLoopII", back on post #1

Thoughs, feedback?

Ed, if you're not familiar with the "Soquel San Jose Rd." leg that runs along Hwy 17, I may run it this upcoming weekend..

Hi Greg,

Soquel San Jose has some very nice sweeps at the top..mellow at the bottom. Some folks divert mid point (Laurel Glen?) but I still get lost trying that (dodgy android navigation).

Regarding the right at McKean .... might a left yield more fun? You would go past Almaden Reservoir and catch Hicks Rd and still hook back in at Shannon.

Let me know if you're in the hood...always happy to help do some recon.

• Member Contributer

20150509 110456

It's about quality not quantity Good sir.
The fact that we have neither is besides the point.
Tj.

Does this crack look like the road we just finished...I'm still sore.

20150509 110456

Hold on, isn't that 1 of ours down there?

20150509 110428

Archived