Day Ride-Rolling Thund3R Review Hits Silicon Valley..twice.

bayarearider

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Oh my head hurts. Must have had a premonition about getting lost in Watsonville with a band of misfits leading the way.

BTW, Just posted my '98 on CL. Spread the word if you know someone in the market for an inexpensive, reliable VFR...you can't miss it. It's the red one.

Spread the word if you know someone in the market for an inexpensive, reliable VFR...you can't miss it. It's the red one.

I have one of those already. It's just not a '98.

Don't tempt me. You want a WR250R for it?

• Member Contributer

I might consider an old ST1100. my wife wants to get back into riding 2-up. c'mon Brian. $1600 is chump change for a high roller like you!

• Member Contributer

Ed, if you're not familiar with the "Soquel San Jose Rd." leg that runs along Hwy 17, I may run it this upcoming weekend..

I bet I get lost starting from Summit Store at 8 tomorrow...need to practice my android navigation skills. Wonder if there are any new 5G owners in the group?

Damn, Brian. Your photos make that bike look better than in real life...sigh.

Considering all the money I've spent on cameras and lenses, everything I photograph should instantly become mine.

Something tells me the Veefalo is not long for this world...

This is also very sound logic.

Had a feeling you would see the logic.

Congrats on the new ride (and refined taste).

Thanks. Pairs nicely with malt liquor.

Alrighty then, after an early stop at my office I rode an impromptu recon of the Los Gatos to Capitola leg of the upcoming SVLoopII.
A nice drop toward the coast and eats from the summit. It will fit in with the other legs fore and aft.
Hope you all can still make it.

post-13109-0-56712600-1431899024.jpg

post-13109-0-70663600-1431899080.jpg

• Member Contributer

I'm out...I just read my son's fiance's grad party invitation more closely...it's the 23rd.

I did a little scouting yesterday...Old San Jose Highway is a nice shortcut from Lexington Reservoir to Summit Rd. You may also be interested in taking the short hop up to mt Um from Hicks...that would give you the 2 highest peaks in the Valley on the same day.

• Member Contributer

I see gates at Umunhum...I've only flown over that cube in a Citabria

Yeah...they put that up near the top to protect civilians from the farmers.

BTW, that's some nice flying Greg...looks like you had to get pretty low with all those B17s and B24s doing runs along the ridge yesterday (airshow at Moffet?).

Have fun .... awesome route.

I'm still in for sure.

my son's fiance's grad party

Let's hope that's a college graduation. haha

No worries, it's SJSU...go Spartans!

Archived