Motogp Austin - April 10-12, 2015

carlitos92

• Member Contributer

A two-pronged post:

1. Who's going to the race at Circuit of the Americas this year? I bought my tickets months ago.

2. I figure the bike is going with me no matter whether I ride it from DFW or trailer it - which means while I'm "down there" I might as well hit the Three Sisters since it's been a few years. Thinking of riding Monday and coming home Tuesday.

Anybody going and want to meet up, and/or if you will have a bike, make a longer weekend of it?

• 2 weeks later...

I will be at the races, I am a control rider for the parade laps but there are a lot of events going on Thurs, Fri, & Sat night. I will have a few buddies in town if you are down to run to the events and grab some beers with us. Thursday is the Ducati team at the dealership, Friday is Aprilia where they will be showing the new Tuono and RSV4, and Saturday MotoMummy is hosting an event at Concrete Cowboy. I can't ride that next week, I grew up near the Sisters and love them but sadly work is calling! haha

• 9 months later...

I'm seriously considering jumping on a plane and going to COTA MotoGP. I would like to know if anybody has been there and has any ideas on where the best seats are. I'd like to sit somewhere to see the garages and riders preparing?

I'm seriously considering jumping on a plane and going to COTA MotoGP. I would like to know if anybody has been there and has any ideas on where the best seats are. I'd like to sit somewhere to see the garages and riders preparing?

Each section of the track has it's unique perspective. You can get a look around by hiking a lap to see the different crowds but I also enjoyed the front straight seating across from the garages closer to the last turn T20 where the trophy ceremony is held. That run up to turn one is awesome.

As far as lodging, very easy to stay at the Hilton at the airport. A lot of Moto3-2 riders/teams stayed there. Quick access to the track or downtown.

post-13109-0-08992900-1454185959.png

post-13109-0-12257600-1454186271.jpg

General admission tickets can be just fine if you are on a budget. I have cheap season tickets that get me GA to every event and always manage to find a good view point and have a good time. Though if you get an assigned seat you can still sit on the grass and slum it if you want to enjoy other views, no harm in that either.

• Member Contributer

Just always keep looking for the best angle......................

fe8413d5.jpg

• 1 month later...

My son and I are leaving on the 7th on my 6th Gen VFR and a Buell. We are doing an Iron Butt SS1000 to Dallas from Phoenix then down to Austin. It's the first part of a larger trip to see my other son in South Carolina. Should be fun!

• Member Contributer

My son and I are leaving on the 7th on my 6th Gen VFR and a Buell. We are doing an Iron Butt SS1000 to Dallas from Phoenix then down to Austin. It's the first part of a larger trip to see my other son in South Carolina. Should be fun!

Sounds like a great time and be safe on that SS1000.

2. I figure the bike is going with me no matter whether I ride it from DFW or trailer it - which means while I'm "down there" I might as well hit the Three Sisters since it's been a few years. Thinking of riding Monday and coming home Tuesday.

Acura makes a pretty sweet bike, eh?

Archived