Ride Height Lowering, Rc 36 Ii - Help

I was able to decrease my seat height by 3 inches by modifying a new set of riding boots. I had a quality shoe cobbler replace my boot sole, and install a taller heel. Be sure to install a good non-slip sole and heel. I also replaced my rear swing arm link using a Lust lowering swing kit. These simple modification has made a world of differences.

post-22834-0-50494500-1426549975.jpg

post-22834-0-84938400-1426550001.jpg

I'm 6' 200lb and my stock 97 sat too low and soft with the rear shock for the type of canyon carving I like to do. I spent a lot of time working out the geometry of the triangles and prototyping my own plates to both raise the bike a little and stiffen the affect of the stock shock. For a while, my girlfriend and I were sharing my 97 VFR 750. She is 5' 7" 130lbs and the bike was too high. So we did the same for her. I made a set of plates on my bike that allow for easy swapping of the shock bolt between us so either of us can ride the bike. I just raise or lowered the forks to match.

I'm sharing the geometry below for those capable of making their own plates and not wanting to risk trial and error. A lot of time went into working out the triangulation so if you don't know what you are doing, I recommend you do not alter any of the measurements. The wrong triangulation can result in limited/exaggerated travel, too soft/hard of ride, or the worst of either of those simultaneously

94-97 VFR 750 Raise/Lower Linkage Geometry

I'm 6' 200lb and my stock 97 sat too low and soft with the rear shock for the type of canyon carving I like to do. I spent a lot of time working out the geometry of the triangles and prototyping my own plates to both raise the bike a little and stiffen the affect of the stock shock. For a while, my girlfriend and I were sharing my 97 VFR 750. She is 5' 7" 130lbs and the bike was too high. So we did the same for her. I made a set of plates on my bike that allow for easy swapping of the shock bolt between us so either of us can ride the bike. I just raise or lowered the forks to match.
I'm sharing the geometry below for those capable of making their own plates and not wanting to risk trial and error. A lot of time went into working out the triangulation so if you don't know what you are doing, I recommend you do not alter any of the measurements. The wrong triangulation can result in limited/exaggerated travel, too soft/hard of ride, or the worst of either of those simultaneously

Hey! Ive been reading your conversion topic, great job u have done there!

I`m as tall as u are, but 170 lbs, still I can`t touch the ground as I would like to.

I`m going to measure the triangles tomorrow, my bike might have been raised by the previous owner.

Thx for shring us your hard work :)

Well My Bike is lowered 35mm and the front forks is also lowered 35mm, it's makes the bike faster in curves.

And this is not an experiments, the plates is factory made. Lazer cut and thicker than stock plates - So no risk at all. But of course you will have to get familiar with the lowered bike. It isn't the same as the "stock high" it took me a couple of days to get the feeling with the bike.

But there are another way to adjust the height. I have read about it but I don't know how to. it's something about the back wheel. The suspension of the back wheel is eccentric and can be turned in to ways. And it will move the wheel up or down.

Remember the side and the center stand will not fit lowering the bike. Lowering and the side and the center stand would be to long.

I cut both my side and center stand to fit the lowered bike

But there are another way to adjust the height. I have read about it but I don't know how to. it's something about the back wheel. The suspension of the back wheel is eccentric and can be turned in to ways. And it will move the wheel up or down.

Remember the side and the center stand will not fit lowering the bike. Lowering and the side and the center stand would be to long.

I cut both my side and center stand to fit the lowered bike

Hmm...I guess is easier to modify the seat, 1-1.5 cm should do the trick.

I want to change the seat anyway.

• Member Contributer

Is that triangle touching the exhaust collector?

I just stepped out and this on my 4th gen.

From the right

post-8974-0-02993100-1426958899.jpg

From the left

post-8974-0-86476600-1426958932.jpg

no it's not possible That's the triangle touching anything. I think It will not be able too.

I can see at the picture from the right side top left corner the bolts is not original it should look like the other to bolts

You can see the eccentric wheel cylinder here.

Yes I also modified the seat.

Now I understand what u are saying, gonna buy a new chain soon and adjust the wheel cylinder too! :)

Is that triangle touching the exhaust collector?

I just stepped out and this on my 4th gen.

From the right

attachicon.gifIMAG1225.jpg

From the left

attachicon.gifIMAG1223.jpg

Yep my triangle is kind of touching the exhaust collector...that is bad I guess...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived