Which Exhaust Do You Want?

dfhzcnc

So as far as I know, right now we have those major exhaust available:

1. Akrapovic

2. Two brothers

3. Arrow

4. Remus

5. Dam

6.Delkevic (Thanks for DriverDave's remind)

7.Staintune (Thanks for NZCam's remind)

8.Thurn (Thanks for Digitallyhip's remind)

So which one would you like to choose and why? If you already picked one, a video link of sound testing would be appreciated : )

Don't forget the ridiculously inexpensive Delkevic. That is what I currently have on mine as a temporary solution until I decide which more expensive one I will get. Currently leaning towards the DAM, mostly for looks.

Don't forget the ridiculously inexpensive Delkevic. That is what I currently have on mine as a temporary solution until I decide which more expensive one I will get. Currently leaning towards the DAM, mostly for looks.

Thank you reminding me of that. Delkevic added.

I personally want to get either Remus or Akrapovic, but I still needs more sound videos to make further decisions.

Do Staintune count as a major brand?

I've ordered the Two Brothers S1R: http://www.twobros.com/products/vfr800_2014/exhaust/HON-VFR800-INTERCEPTOR-S1R-SO-14.html

Thanks for reminding, I will add Staintune.

How do you like the sound of Two Brothers?

It sounds awesome in the official video, but I hope to see someone else upload his/her own so I can make sure.

I love my Akrapovic :biggrin:

IMO sound clips usually dont give a very good appreciation of what a pipe really sounds like in real life.

Y'know, even though I have a Satantune, and I'm quite happy with it, I've heard other pipes (2-Bros, Remus, Yoshi), and I don't think it's the best-sounding pipe.

Y'know, even though I have a Satantune, and I'm quite happy with it, I've heard other pipes (2-Bros, Remus, Yoshi), and I don't think it's the best-sounding pipe.

Or best looking. I wanted the Staintune (I presume that's what you were referring to?) when I had my Gen-5, and admittedly it sounded Boss back then... but the styling just hasn't kept pace IMHO. I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of my aftermarket pipe so I can hear its' burble and roar as I cruise through the EastLink tunnel on my daily commute to Melbourne's CBD.

Let me guess... Sounds like hell?

I have the 2 Bros alloy on my 2004 6th gen and it sounds sooo much better than any video or sound byte that I could find

And thats only a single muffler nice and deep not raspy or tinny

• Member Contributer

Are you basing that on sound or appearance? Interesting look but the two videos I have seen make it sound positively awful.

Appearance. I can't bear the others.

I love my Akrapovic :biggrin:

IMO sound clips usually dont give a very good appreciation of what a pipe really sounds like in real life.

I can't agree more. My last bike have a akrapovic and it sounds much better in real life than my youtube videos!

IF (and it's a very big if) I were to buy a 2015+, I'd only do so with a Thurn exhaust on order

maxresdefault.jpg

This pipe looks so good! I will add it to the list!

I have the 2 Bros alloy on my 2004 6th gen and it sounds sooo much better than any video or sound byte that I could find

And thats only a single muffler nice and deep not raspy or tinny

I will keep that in mind. Thank you for sharing.

Its home made Zoom, out a couple pieces of aluminium and polished up, it does the job nicely at no cost and very minimalist.

For those of you that like the DAM slip on, the Euro is down to 1.05 against the dollar, and will probably be at par soon. DAM is 411 Euros, which makes it a great buy now.

Archived