Anyone Every Convert A Non-Abs Vfr To Abs ?

rigger4343

Hey guys, just a curious question here but has anyone ever converted a Non-ABS VFR to ABS ? My 06' is a non ABS bike and it is something that I would like to have but is not a must have for me. I was just thinking about it the other day of possible things to do to my bike and maybe converting it to have ABS was one of the considerations for it. I did a little Google search but did not find much on the subject.

Im sure gathering all the needed parts could be a pain and I am sure its probably not a cost effective thing to do either. But I figured what hell, why not ask.

• Member Contributer

Not to my knowledge.

It is much easier and cheaper to buy the bike equiped with ABS

• Member Contributer

Not to my knowledge.

It is much easier and cheaper to buy the bike equiped with ABS

+1 on that and I now own a 6th gen ABS model. No way would I attempt to convert a non ABS model to a ABS model.

you would have to have a (nearly free) salvage ABS equipped bike in order to get all the parts necessary for the conversion, other than that, buying each part separately would cost you an arm and a leg.

Best bet is to buy one and sell the one you have now.

• Member Contributer

Having had a good part of my ABS apart and looking at the solenoids, extra hoses, brackets, sensors, specific wiring harness, pulse generators on the rotors that makes it work - and then there's the electronics, it would be a nightmare project. Better to follow Switchblade and find a nice ABS unit ready to go.

Thats pretty much what I thought but I figured I would ask. I pretty much have my bike how I want it for now and I dont want to sell to try and find another one just to get ABS. Like I said before, I would like to have but it is not a must have item for me.

Thanks for the reply's though.

Archived