3 Days On The Trace

Trailered the VFR to the Jackson MS area for a few days riding on the Natchez Trace Parkway. It was a little straight for my taste, but the area was 10deg warmer than home, and surely way warmer than than the mountain elevations I ride 3 seasons a year.

Along the Parkway.

20150116_115459-1.jpg

Saturday was spectacular at 61deg, albeit a bit windy.

Rest stop here in French Camp, a 19th century village with a cafe in one of the original structures.

20150117_122008.jpg

• Member Contributer

The Northern section of the Trace near Nashville, TN is beautiful with curves, hills, and long sweepers... although, heavily patrolled by Park Rangers. You can go more than 100 miles without having a cross street, only exits and entrance ramps onto a 2 lane country highway...

gallery_19432_5583_147710.jpg

gallery_19432_5583_26474.jpg

I was amazed at the lack of LEO on the southern sections. In fact, I never saw one in 3 days of riding the area whether on the Trace or neighboring highways. And the locals absolutely fly. First morning out I was passed by 2 cages while on the Trace. I was doing 65 and the posted limit is 50mph. Finally after a couple hundred miles I figured Id just take my chances, and did 80-85 everywhere I rode the remainder of the trip.

Archived