Head Lifting Stand

dogman

Just FYI, I have found that the headlifting stand that I used on my '11 CBR1000RR fits this bike perfectly, in fact it fits it better that it did the CBR because there is more clearance between the front guard and the undercowl.

Same pin diameter (24mm).

Removing the front wheel is very easy on this bike as well. I can see no need to remove the ABS sensor as stated in the owners manual,

or replacing the caliper bolts either, for that matter.

• Member Contributer

Hi Dogman. I'm very interested in the Kaneg stand for front wheel removal. Does the stand support the bike on its own or do you need to have a rear stand in place as well? Their website recommends or states that a rear stand should be in place before using the head lift, is this essential to have the two stands just for a front wheel removal. Thanks for any help on this one.

Cheers Grum.

I have one of these. No pics of it in use unfortunately but it works just like they say. No US distributor but I think there is an Aus/NZ one and they probably ship worldwide. Not cheap but worth it in my opinion. Originally bought just the stand to work on my sidestand-only Ducati, then added the front lift arm later - my new VFR is the fourth bike I've used it on as you keep the stand and get new adapters when you change (though the 05 and 14 VFRs use the same so I didn't even need to do that this time. Brilliant bit of kit.

http://www.abbastands.co.uk/product-detail.asp?item=front-lift-arm&pid=42

Been browsing around for various stand and the Abba Super Bike Stand with Front Lift Bar seems to be the best for the money. They don't ship directly to the US, but have a North American distributor in Canada:

ABBA Front and Rear Superbike Package Stand for Honda

bluestreakracing.ca

Hi Dogman. I'm very interested in the Kaneg stand for front wheel removal. Does the stand support the bike on its own or do you need to have a rear stand in place as well? Their website recommends or states that a rear stand should be in place before using the head lift, is this essential to have the two stands just for a front wheel removal. Thanks for any help on this one.

Cheers Grum.

Hi Grum,

I do this a fair bit as I change my own tires.

I used it with the bike on its mainstand.

I have had a single sided swingarm rear stand in the past but was not happy with its stability and I sold it with my 6th gen a while back.

I think the mainstand is a better option BUT you need to put the bike on its mainstand on a piece of timber about 16-20mm thick or the rear wheel will hit the ground before the front stand has reached its full height.

Alternatively you can remove the rear wheel but that is an extra hassle.

Hope this helps

• Member Contributer

Thanks Dogman. Like your idea of a 20mm block under the centre stand, otherwise, I had intended to remove the rear wheel to get the front wheel clearance required. I have just placed an order with Kaneg and they were happy to throw in a 24mm pin for free and free delivery, they sound like a great mob to deal with, thanks for your advice. All the best for 2015.
Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Hi Dogman. Got my Kaneg head lift stand along with a 24mm pin, set it up on the centre stand under a 20mm board as you suggested and the head lift stand works BRILLIANTLY, no need to remove the rear wheel and the bike is very stable, even the colour match is close!!. Might do a small mod to the stand so that the calipers, once removed, can rest on the stand without straining the brake lines. Thanks for the heads up. Kaneg are a great mob to deal with.

Cheers Grum.

post-30826-0-38929100-1420699226.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

What's up with all the fancy persian and other nice rugs under these vfrs?? They must be the royalty of motorbikes :). House does this too

Hi Windyrun.

Royalty! You're dead right they're royalty, Very Fine Royalty that's why they're called VFR's! If you end up buying one you will soon see what I mean. Oh yes, and a nice rug helps to keep their tyres warm!!!!! Ha Ha.

Cheers.

Grum.

Archived