Just Waiting For The Right Deal

Skids

• Member Contributer

So I've sold my old house and there's enough left over from paying everything off to purchase a brand new VFR1200 but I'm waiting to get the best deal I can. As winter and the end of year approaches, more & more dealers are starting to offer good price discounts and as it will be my new summer bike, I can afford to wait.

Ideally, it will be a black DCT, with the "GT Pack" (full luggage (29 litre panniers, 45 litre colour coded top box, centre stand, heated grips & touring screen).

My current list of preferred additions will be:

Custom seat

Rear hugger

Front fender extender

Aux power socket (one under seat & one at handlebars for sat nav)

Optimate lead for battery maintenance

Mirror extenders

New end can (DAM, Competition Werkes, GPR ???)

I'm going to stick with standard suspension to start with & see how I get on. I am aware that a lot of you out there don't rate the OEM rear shock so I'll wait & see.

I know, it's only when I've actually bought it and have posted pictures that it exists, but now the cash is sat there, I want to start to get an idea of what I want to buy so I'm open to any other suggestions from those who already have their own 1200.

• Member Contributer

We are in the room of VFR 800 F - 2014, go back one generation :goofy:

Can a mod move it......my bad.

No "RE-Mapped" ECU ?

Is the UK/Euro ECU program the same as the US one?

• Member Contributer

We are in the room of VFR 800 F - 2014, go back one generation :goofy:

Can a mod move it......my bad.

No "RE-Mapped" ECU ?

Is the UK/Euro ECU program the same as the US one?

Pretty sure they are .

• Member Contributer

So what exactly (and simply) are the ECU issues?

I've read about restrictions in 1st & 2nd, but I thought those were removed in the '12+ models.

I've also read about a hp reduction to limit max speed to 155mph but I thought that was US only.

If I remember correctly, the 7th gen's stock saddle has been pretty agreeable to many owners. Just thinking that you might want to try it for a couple months before spending the money to replace it right away.

• Member Contributer

If I remember correctly, the 7th gen's stock saddle has been pretty agreeable to many owners. Just thinking that you might want to try it for a couple months before spending the money to replace it right away.

Good advice, thanks.

I found(after some period of time) stock seat to be quite comfy but the cover was unacceptable for my wife - she was just literally sliding forward and backward. Made her really scary few times during sharper turns. I decided to change the cover only. Found one workshop in my homeland which makes vfr1200 seats as well. I believe it looks even better now. Price was bargain also. Check yourself. Notice the rough material which prevents sliding.

DSC_0053.JPG

DSC_0072.JPG

DSC_0054.JPG

• Member Contributer

That's a very nice looking seat.

Does your good lady not feel a little exposed sat up so high compared to you?

Do you have a link to their website?

She said its fantastic. As you noticed, she rides a bit higher right now but she says its even better. I paid extra for adding some more soft material - not sure what exactly they put there? Both parts, rider and pass. are around 1cm higher right now. The rider part was shortened around 1cm as well. You do not slide anymore - rough material prevents it even more. With this seat I can ride 1000 miles without pain.

They have a website with a ton of pics but it seems to be not working somethimes - works better with IE. Not sure they speak english?

http://gorjan.pl/index.php/pl/2014-03-16-11-37-44/zobacz-wiecej

• Member Contributer

Actualy, the seat shown above is mine J. It has been made by a friend of mine. They are making custom seats for years now, and in my opinion they are really good at this.

My wife who is always very sceptic about riding bike with me (hard seat, uncomfortable position etc) says this seat is great.

If you want any details about materials, shipping or any other things, please contact by their web site. They should handle it just fine J

Actualy, the seat shown above is mine J. It has been made by a friend of mine. They are making custom seats for years now, and in my opinion they are really good at this.

My wife who is always very sceptic about riding bike with me (hard seat, uncomfortable position etc) says this seat is great.

If you want any details about materials, shipping or any other things, please contact by their web site. They should handle it just fine J

Zdjecie jest pogladowe, swoich jeszcze nie robilem :)

Have exactly the same seat. I chose the rough material for the rear part also. Works tip top!

• Member Contributer

Thanks m8. I'll wait until I actually have the bike and see how the fuelling is before I decide on doing something like this.

She said its fantastic. As you noticed, she rides a bit higher right now but she says its even better. I paid extra for adding some more soft material - not sure what exactly they put there? Both parts, rider and pass. are around 1cm higher right now. The rider part was shortened around 1cm as well. You do not slide anymore - rough material prevents it even more. With this seat I can ride 1000 miles without pain.

They have a website with a ton of pics but it seems to be not working somethimes - works better with IE. Not sure they speak english?

http://gorjan.pl/index.php/pl/2014-03-16-11-37-44/zobacz-wiecej

That seat does look the dogs danglies. I would consider getting one from them but I don't understand Polish so would need a translation. Can't even find a price.

I would also prefer to have a test ride with my good lady on one before committing, which is highly unlikely to happen. The 2 seats I have on my current bikes are very comfy, although they don't look as good as yours, but with them at least I know what I'm getting works for me.

• Member Contributer

Posted Today, 03:01 AM

Switchblade, on 01 Dec 2014 - 2:52 PM, said:snapback.png

Thanks m8. I'll wait until I actually have the bike and see how the fuelling is before I decide on doing something like this.

For me 150hp would be plenty enough .

• Member Contributer

Standard service is around 100€ plus shipping. Trust me, you do not need to test it. Let me know if you need some help - Im there once in a while.

Thank you, will do. :beer:

Posted Today, 03:01 AM

Switchblade, on 01 Dec 2014 - 2:52 PM, said:snapback.png

For me 150hp would be plenty enough .

Not sure I get what you mean there m8.

My plan is to wait until I have the bike and a few miles under my belt before I make any drastic decisions (fuelling, suspension). If the fuelling cannot be sorted any easier, then I may consider flashing the ECU but invalidating the warranty is a big consideration (assuming a local dealer could spot that ???).

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Standard service is around 100€ plus shipping. Trust me, you do not need to test it. Let me know if you need some help - Im there once in a while.

Are gel pads an option on this seat?

The 2 seats I have on my current bikes both have gel pads and are very comfy.

Archived