Horn Recommendation?

SAW

• Member Contributer

Any recommendations for a loud horn that fits a 1993 VFR 750? I've got al the #@** plastic off, so I may as well mount one now.

Thanks.

Twin FIAMM Freeway Blasters mounted near overflow reservoir. Small size makes them easy to install, and you will need a relay.

They will get your attention.

I have a low tone Fiamme snail horn on my 95. A very big improvement to the really wimpy sounding "meep meep" horns that Honda continues to insist putting on most of their bikes. I chose a single low tone horn as lower frequency is are less "directional", so they can be heard easier without the horn having to point towards the listener. A single snail horn will usually not require a relay, as the power requirements are much lower than a double, so it has been working for many years now just connected to the original circuit for the horn on the bike (plug and play). A lower tone also gets more attention/"respect" from other drivers,

I thought of going with air horns, but they are harder to find space for in the already very congested fairings, weigh much more and less reliable in the long run.

JMOs

Stebel nautilus 139dbs air horn, I have one on my Suzuki gs500 and when it goes off it scares the people who pull out infront of me. Just need another one now for the vfr

I put a Stebel Nautilus Compact on everything I own. Can't buy a better or louder horn that will fit on a bike. Locomotive horns WON'T fit no matter what picture somebody comes up with! :biggrin: On the bikes, being out in the weather (rode year round), they last about 3 years - $50-60 on eBay, sometimes a bit less. Must use a relay. The original wires trigger it.

Cheers,

Glenn

• Member Contributer

Will you guys post pics of the horn you chose so I can see what they look like mounted?

Archived