A Short Video Clip

Terry

• Member Contributer

I recently bought myself an early 50th birthday present in the form of a GoPro copy called an SJ4000 from China. This cost me USD100, delivered, and I am absolutely knocked-out with the quality and battery performance. Here's where I bought it:

http://www.foxoffer.com/http://www.foxoffer.com/sj4000-full-hd-waterproof-action-helmet-camera-p-659.html#.VB8-yPmSySo

You can read a proper review here:http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2014/2/3/the-sj4000-action-camera-review.html

The camera came with a heap of mounts and I did try the suction cup supplied, mounted to the front of the fairing between the screen and the headlights, but this was very bouncy, as the parts are a little small/flexy. So I invested another $65 in a genuine GoPro suction mount which is much more solidly built. The beauty of the SJ4000 is that it uses the same mount configuration as GoPro so they're interchangeable.

Here's a short clip on a partly damp gnarly little road near home that I made over the weekend. Ignore the date stamp as I had been messing with the battery and lost the correct date. The file is necessarily compressed so the quality is not that good, but the original is a 1080p image and fabulous to look at as a full screen. Enjoy!

• Member Contributer

Yes I am blessed for choice where I live. That video makes it look like I'm going pretty fast but in fact I doubt I got over 100km/hr or 60 em pee aitch as it is very tight.

It takes me about 15 minutes to get out of suburbia and into some decent country roads, but they tend towards being pretty bumpy so I spend quite a bit of effort in getting the best out of the suspension. This could also explain why my fuel consumption and tyre use is a bit worse than others here!

• Member Contributer

Where do you mount the camera? I have got a Go Pro and love it my vids dont seem to get that lean angle as good. Or perhaps am just a pussy on the cornering. PMSL

• Member Contributer

I have the camera mounted using the suction cup mount, right on the front of the fairing above the headlights and below the windscreen, dead centre. For safety's sake I then have a tether attached to a mirror stem using a cable tie.

• Member Contributer

I have the GoPro hero 3 Silver edition. Other mounting places: 1) front side of fairing (left or right); you can see the front forks and wheel in action; 2) on top of helmet. Both positions have proven to be very stable and non-jerky. Some have mounted the camera on their swingarm to get a really low view of the corner and theirknee dragging action. IMO, the GoPro video resolution is way better than the Chinese knock-off.

• Member Contributer

" IMO, the GoPro video resolution is way better than the Chinese knock-off. "

You may be right, but it looks amazingly sharp to me (it is 1080p), and (more importantly) cost me about 1/4 of a GoPro! As I said the YouTube clip is very heavily compressed to make downloads smaller, so in no way represents what the camera is recording.

• Member Contributer

Sounds like the camera is vibrating inside the housing .

Yes you are right, I have since tried the camera with a bit of foam as packing and it is a bit better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived