Fuel Filter Options And Tank Removal Tips ('93 Vfr750F)

SAW

• Member Contributer

I'm doing some PM on my new '93. Neither of the local Honda dealers has the fuel filter in stock. Is there a suitable replacement?

Also, what is the quickest/easiest way to remove the gas tank so I can get at the air filter?

Thanks,

Stan

post-21573-0-00517800-1411164687.jpg

Those are very sticky tyres. What brand/model are they? :biggrin:

Any fuel filter that fits the hoses, and preferably the plastic clamps on the undertail, will do. It would not surprise me if a filters from e.g. a CBR from that era is the exactly the same.

For removing the tank: close the petcock, remove the long rear horizontaly orientated bolt and slide the tank backwards an inch or two before lifting it (starting at the rear). Watch for the rubber bumpers between the tank and the frame. They tend to come loose from the tank and drop between the engine and the frame where they are very hard to find or recover from.

• Member Contributer

It's not the tires. This particular bike is equipped with the rare and desirable anti-gravity option.

Thanks for the tips.

• Member Contributer

dont EVER go back to those shops again!!!

holy crap!! any competent tech and sales person knows just about any motorcycle filter that uses the same hose lines will fit!!

they sell them in BULK on a card in most shops!!

talk about moron central!!!

Archived