Headlight Bulb Replacement?

Bruckner

One of my low beam bulbs went out, I was shocked when my local Honda dealer quoted me 46$CND for a single replacement bulb.

Are these fairly standard generic parts that can be had through other sources than Honda? I'm a big Honda guy but this is just ridiculous.

I haven't changed bulbs on my bike yet, but i'm pretty sure those are standart bulbs, at least on previous honda's i had they were.

But on 6th gen they should be H7 instead of H4. (H7 has only one filament and Hi/Lo beam lights are identical but separate, when H4 has two filaments, one for Lo and one for Hi).

Manual says it's 12V 55W.

• Member Contributer

I'm hoping for H7 LEDs to improve to the point where they will be a direct replacement. In the meantime, Osram Nightbreaker + H7's in mine are much whiter to look at than standard and therefore I stand out to cage drivers better and they provide much more illuination at night than OEM bulbs.

You have different fitments over there as we don't have to break any tabs off over here so any H7 will fit. Same goes for H4s on my 5th Gen.

Archived