Something Is Loose?

TNRC51

Sorry but this is starting to get to me. When I'm riding I can "feel" something in the bars that I can only describe as something hitting or loose. It's not a really strong sensation but enough that I've noticed it many times. I've checked the front wheel, hub and headset but there are only 5000 miles on it anyway. Anyone have any ideas? I'm wondering if it is the brake lines maybe? Or maybe the centerstand moving a little? I'm hoping some of you have run into this before and know just what this might be.

• Member Contributer

Maybe it's something attached to the front end that's loose, like the horn. I've never had the feeling so I can't do anything other than offer a suggestion.

This may be a long shot but take a look at the heat shield on the right side of the big near the foot peg. A few weeks back I noticed an annoying rattle at idle. At speed I felt a light buzz in the bars, nothing to complain about but different and annoying.

Awhile back I put aftermarket headers on the bike. I had to replace the factory clamps on the rear tubes and that is what was making contact with the heat shield. The shield is very close to the rear down pipes and mounted with rubber grommets which I guess just wore with time. On the back side of the shield there was a clear witness mark where it had made contact with the clamp. A little adjustment and the rattle and buzz are gone. Hope this helps.

I had noise when I would hit any kind of bump. Seemed to come from the front fairing area.I traced it to the turn signal lenses/housing. Both were loose enough that they would rattle. Shimmed them and noise gone.

I had noise when I would hit any kind of bump. Seemed to come from the front fairing area.I traced it to the turn signal lenses/housing. Both were loose enough that they would rattle. Shimmed them and noise gone.

You da man!!!

Mine are loose. Got to check deeper to see how to firm them up. I had thought the aftermarket windscreen might be it and had already checked that. Tonight went to check your idea, reached down to feel the lens and bingo.

Archived