Led Instrument Lights

Mohawk

• Member Contributer

Those vertical tabs on both side of the LCD should align properly with the back plate

thanks Anik

If you are referring to the grey "tabs" on the sides of the lcd itself, those do not provide orientation. You can just as easily install the actual lcd portion upside down. Additionally, the 4 black metal tabs are only for the bezel that holds the lcd unit in place, the lcd is a separate piece. They will not help orient the lcd screen itself.

100% correct. The tabs will ensure the plates are aligned provided they are not reversed.

Also have you reattached all the screws back. The screws are connecting the LCD and the circuit

ta5evume.jpg

thanks Anik

• 1 year later...

I tried a few different color combination to see what worked best.

I settled on blue LEDs for the two gauges and a white LED for the LEDdisplay. With the white LEDs being 5000K the effect is that the fuel/temp display is a cyan, instruments are blue.

Tried red and orange LEDs in the instruments, but they are not as bright as the blue. Problem is that the base instruments have a green tint, and the blue LED is the only one that overcomes the green.

Just search for W5W type LEDs on ebay.

For the gauges I used the blue LEDs and the LED panel I used the flat faced white LED.

post-28916-0-40128400-1438855562.jpg

post-28916-0-95577300-1438855983.jpg

post-28916-0-33725600-1438856779.jpg

I used all blue inverted cone LEDs because they spread the light nicely and avoid "spotlighting" of the gauge face.

All the indicator lamps (signals neutral, etc) are still white incandescent.

484483f7e858d_69185n.jpg

• Member Contributer

I still haven't head if anybody has found an LED for the FI light that doesn't stay on at lower illumination when it should be off...

Anybody?

Archived