Clutch Tool

expvet

• Member Contributer

I have an 06 VFR and want remove the center and outer baskets for inspection amd maintenance. The Honda shop manual states that honda tool 07724-0050002 (pictured) should be used to hold the basket for the un/reinstall of the 90lb torque center nut. This tool costs $150.00 +. I have found these 2 tools made by Tusk and Bikemaster for less than $30.00 each and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them. I know you can also put in transmission in gear and press the rear brake but would rather use the tool as recommended. The fist pic has the Honda tool on top of the three tools, the second is the Bikemaster tool and third is the Tusk tool. Appreciate the help.

post-24160-0-75574700-1391569091.jpg

post-24160-0-16038900-1391569345.jpg

post-24160-0-01558600-1391569352.jpg

• Member Contributer

Yes, that is the one I am leaning towards. Anybody else have any experience with these?

• Member Contributer

My buddy welded a handle onto an old clutch plate to make a clutch tool. No worries about slipping and it fit perfectly.

Only works if you have an extra steel clutchplate around though.

The one in the bottom pic looks more capable than some of the others.

• Member Contributer

My buddy welded a handle onto an old clutch plate to make a clutch tool. No worries about slipping and it fit perfectly.

the works GREAT.. i have done that a bunch of times.. however.your with only that size.. i work in a repair shop and the clamp tool will work on just about everything..

• Member Contributer

the works GREAT.. i have done that a bunch of times.. however.your with only that size.. i work in a repair shop and the clamp tool will work on just about everything..

That's a dam good idea, time to try out that welder i never use .

Archived