Mivv Exhaust From Italy. Present For My 5Th Gen Turned 100K

VFR Capt.Bob

• Member Contributer

http://www.ebay.com/itm/H-006-LX1-Silencieux-Echappement-Mivv-Oval-Inox-Honda-VFR-800-98-00-Approuve-/161154429331?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_210&hash=item25858d7193&vxp=mtr#shpCntId

Did a couple dumb things. Put the VFR on the centerstand then put the front wheel stand under the forks and when I cranked it up I was careless and the front end stand wheels caught on a rag causing the bike to pull forward off the center stand and fall over. Sucks. The bike fell against the basket ball pole in my driveway and the stainless Delkevic exhaust cannister took the majority of the punishment. I nice big stupid dent right in the middle.

Then maybe I over compensated and decided I had to upgrade to something new from Italy since my bike has well over 100K miles on it and I ride it everyday. She's earned it. So while shopping for a replacement Delkevic can I accidentally and on purpose hit the buy now button on a Ti slip on from Mivv. They are very popular on the Aprilia forums so why not give them a try?

I've always considered the VFR the Italian bike in Honda's line-up. So the Mivv will go nicely with the Pazzo levers. I am trying to bring myself to buy a cheap China Knock off windscreen as it was also damaged in the tip over. But Givi keeps popping up in my mind. I had one before and it cut a very nice path for the rider. Wish I'd have kept it now.

I'll write up a review of the Mivv once I get it. I will say the Delkevic was worth every dollar and more paid for it. I even drilled the rivets out of the base to see if I could use a spare carbon fiber sleeve I have for my RC51 set up but no luck. The Delki's are very well made and the packing looked almost new even after a couple years of high mileage usage.

I plan on fully disassembling the Delki repairing the dent as well as I can. Then re assemble it with the damage facing the inside of the bike and selling it for cheap.

• Member Contributer

You'll have to share pics AND some sound bytes when that comes in.

I was lusting after some of the Austin Racing pipes, but when the lowest dB rating on them is 98.... :musik20:

• Member Contributer

Still waiting on the Mivv system but decided to tear the bike down a bit and give it some much needed love. So I gave it a full tune up. Valve check and new valve cover gaskets (what a pain and the old ones looked fine). At 101,500 miles the valves are still with in spec but on the slightly tighter side of the spectrum. Not sure how many miles the spark plugs had on them but changed them and flushed the cooling system out and replaced with engine ice.

Discovered I have a broken radiator stay and the radiator hoses were supporting the right side radiator. Ordered that and a few other parts the VFR needed from Cyclepartsoutlet.com. Their prices are the cheapest I've found on line. DiscountHonda site has been letting me down lately. Dropping orders and only sending them when I call and remind them. Not using them anymore. I have to say the old girl has held up excellent. Spooning new Pilot road 2ct's on tomorrow and ordering a new 530 pitch chain and sprockets next. Going back to stock gearing basically to increase the accuracy of the speedometer and if I hate it I'll just change the front sprocket back to -1 tooth. I enjoyed the performance of the 520 conversion system but would rather have a chain that will last longer.

Looking for a used Givi windscreen and top case. If anyone has a line on one. Come on Mivv. Can't wait to put her all back together and take some pics.

Archived