Remote Reservoir Mount

ronimalvfr

• Member Contributer

I just got my Penske shock in and was wondering if anybody out there has made there own mount for the remote reservoir? It's too nice of a shock to just attach with hose clamps.

• Member Contributer

When I mounted my Elka shock I looked but could not find a mount I liked so I put black shrink tubing on the clamps and put heat to them once assembled.

Still not great but better than the hose clamp by its self.

• Member Contributer

My local suspension guy had some rubber mounts that sit between the subframe and the remote reservoir. Those plus some giant black zip ties...

11409859936_58bf3a6d85_b.jpg

Make sure those big zip ties you are using to mount that reservoir on to your subframe are of good quality, I recently had a bad experience with some zip ties. For some reason, they (all from a batch I bought at an auto parts supply store) started cracking/breaking on me on some things I was using them on. Not really heavy stuff too. It must be bad materials being used by the manufacturer from China.... Never had it happen to me before, but I think some bad zip ties is getting imported into the country lately. I'd use stainless steel hose clamps instead.....They are certainly much stronger and look better than plastic zip ties anyway...

• Member Contributer

I used a rubber padded "P" clamp mounted to an aluminum plate piece that I form fitted to the back of the passenger peg on my 5th gen. It needed minor trimming on the plastic fender, no big deal. --- I think UMPCO is a supplier.

- Not sure what I would do for a 6th....

Here's photo from my last disassembly........

Shockbrackett1.jpg

Archived