Vfr1200 Air/fuel Controller? New To Me

• Forum CEO

Offered by a company that has a spotty record for VFR parts IMHO, one too many of my vfrd friends have had bad stators from that company.

http://www.electrosport.com/street-bikes/honda/vfr1200f/powerjet-fuel-controller-007.html

pe-pj-007.jpg

Most fuel injected engines run very lean and this is fine except for when demanding maximum power output on the track, especially when you have sport exhausts installed. Being able to simply adjust the fuel/air ratio in those conditions would be wonderful wouldn't it?

The PowerJet Fuel Controller allows just that! You can adjust the fuel map from -4% to +10% by selecting one of the 10 settings. We even incorporated a stock setting which means no change compared to stock.
Our PowerJet is a simple yet complicated device. It measures the outside air temperature very close to where the stock sensor is located, and adjusts the signal from the OEM air temperature sensor to the ECU to make use of the built in Air Temperature Correction factor that is built into every stock ECU.
What this accomplishes is that the ECU is told that the intake air is a little cooler than it is, and the ECU will respond by injecting a fraction more fuel depending on the PowerJet setting. You as a rider will notice a substantially improved engine response when you twist the throttle.
The neat thing is that when under constant load (constant speed) the oxygen sensor in the exhaust will make the ECU correct the fuel/air ratio back to stock! However, as soon as the system notices an increase in power it switches from closed loop (oxygen sensor feedback) back to open loop (no feedback) and will correct the fuel/air ratio by the amount you selected on the PowerJet.
PowerJet can be easily installed by plugging it in between the stock AIT sensor which is usually located somewhere on the airbox and the bike's wiring harness. Each PowerJet comes with the exact plug in connectors and installation will normally only take a few minutes. Finding the air temperature sensor usually takes more time than plugging in the PowerJet.
You can leave the PowerJet sitting under the bodywork somewhere as it is designed to be rugged and waterproof. After figuring out what setting works best with your specific engine/exhaust/intake combination you typically would leave it alone.
PowerJet comes with a full one year warranty.

eff that and eff electrosport. i wouldn't put that on my worst enemy's bike.

besides the fact that if you have ever seen a custom full map, you usually have to add fuel on the bottom end and lean it up a tad up top, with all sort of other combinations throughout the various throttle positions... not possible with a single setting knob. all you would be able to do is make one area better while making another one worse. richen up the bottom to bring into an ideal range, now the top end is too rich. lean up the top a little to make some more power and now the bottom is WAY too lean. this product is pointless.

Nothing to do with 'custom maps'.... it does the same thing the Wuka King or Booster Plug does for other bikes.... different thermistors to tell the ECU it's cooler out (35-ish degrees F) to richen the mixture and get rid of lean condition.

On bikes like the Husqvarna TR650, which is pitifully lean from the factory, it makes the bike rideable - though mine would still occasionally flame out on trailing throttle...

The Booster Plug spoofs one temperature difference, the Wuka King offers two choices - this is a bit more adjustable across a range, but once you find the one that works you typically leave it be.

Electrosport's rep has slipped several notches over the years - I put one of their stator setups in an '80 GS1000G a few years back. Didn't last long...

you want to fix an overly lean condition somewhere in the powerband, so you richen it up everywhere, but now in places of the powerband where it was already too rich, you are now even more rich.

Archived