2000Km Along The Putty And Thunderbolts Oz

i had to go to where i was working a few months ago, work paid for the trip, instead of flying i decided to ride, so they only paid for meals and accommodation but all in work hours too. ill claim the km on tax still.

on thursday i left at 6am, rode through peak hour trafic up the m7 out to windsor, then did the putty, the good old putty road is a nice bit of assfault.

2013-12-12093242_zps3250d88f.jpg

2013-12-12093228_zps445533e9.jpg

2013-12-12085513_zps159bf935.jpg

came out at singleton, and instead of going through dungog i went down the back way to hexham and down the start of thunderbolts.

i needed fuel so into the gps went fuel before i started, should of filled up up raymond terrance but i skipped that part. medowie, a few km off the highway. ok ill do that.

i rock up at the petrol station, flip my flip front helmet up, fill the bike up, walk upto the shop undoing my helmet strap to take it off, helmet still on as i walk in trying to pull it off. never been a problem before.

the lady behind the counter starts yelling at me, i have ear plugs in so no idea what, anyway i get a few drinks and go over to pay,

the ladies saying what i did was against the law, you have to remove your helmet and i can be arrested, we have to see your face.

i said, you can see my face its an open face helmet, and i dont think its an offence, since you can see my face,

no she said, and starts going off that i can be arrested, i said, if a woman came in in a burka, would you demand she removes it too?

she said no she wouldnt, but i have to remove my helmet, but we have had armed robberies, im just really nervious, im nervious right now, and she starts shaking and goes into some kinda pannick attack. saying something about having a knife to her throat, not exactly sure, if shes recently had an armed robbery or just doesnt like motorcycles or people wearing helmets. this went on for 5 minuts with me just standing their.

i said, look im just a normal guy who rides a motorcycle, im sorry i make you nervous, i took my helmet off, its off now. by now im noticing a long line of people behind me waiting to pay for fuel, and im handing my bank card to try an dpay for my fuel. thinking shes going to start running around screaming or something,

i just said can i just pay for my fuel so i can go, she starts rinigng stuff up on the register, and muttering prices something like she has no idea what shes doing im sure she over charged me for the drinks and fuel, but i just paid and left. sheezez some people

off i go, again, up the thunderbolts way, which is a bit ruff,

PICT0024_zps1a7df040.jpg

my bike starts to sound louder, like an exhaust leak, so i stop and cant see anything. but i did notice a small 1mm nail in my back tyre, right in the centre, of a brand new tyre. its holding air, so i didnt want to pull it out. just kept an eye on it.

stopped at the roadies cafe in glouster for lunch, a nice cafe filled with old bikes and stuff, a nice atmosphere.

upahead got a lot of new sealed sections on roadworks though,

PICT0024_zps1a7df040.jpg

i had to sign a few contracts to finalize the sale of my house, freak out a little when i realize the profits only 20k, not 45k like i had calculated, thinking wtf, my house. then they check everything over and realize 25k is lodged as a deposit at the realestate already. few, lucky.

back to my old place into what was ment to be a 3.5 star hotel, with a account at the indian resteraunt or the pub next door for meals. anyway meet up with a few mates, and have a good night at the indian, even though i dont like spicy foods, breakfast is in the motel i order the big breakfast, which comes with some unettable scrambled eggs, bacon cooked like its made from tin, but the toast is alright, and pluger coffee which isnt got much taste to it.

2013-12-13070649_zpsd69b82fa.jpg

work the next day or atleast a few hours, then i knock off and decide to do some maintanance on the bike, lube the chain etc in the motel parking lot, checking it over i realize i have a bolt missing on my front headers of the vfr, off to the dodgy bike shop in town, where they charge me 30 minuts labour and 4 bolts and washers, costing 60 bucks, it appears all the bolts were loose and leaking. fixed now.

2013-12-12085547_zps7e694f4f.jpg

have a good dinner with soem work mates, at somewhere else, swiss chicken, waffles, lots of drinks were consumed, including a mint tooth paste drink, and one that looked like listerine blue. i dono...

work the next day or atleast a few hours, then i knock off and decide to do some maintanance on the bike, lube the chain etc in the motel parking lot, checking it over i realize i have a bolt missing on my front headers of the vfr, off to the dodgy bike shop in town, where they charge me 30 minuts labour and 4 bolts and washers, costing 60 bucks, it appears all the bolts were loose and leaking. fixed now.

the next day i ride home the way i came, an hour out of glouster, i hear a wack from the rear end thinking the tyres let go, so stop quickly, and realie my dash isnt working, no speedo, tacho, lights, nuffin. just a flashing hiss light. bikes still running, and i look at the rear wheel and see wires hanging down, thinking right, then realize those wires should be connected to a number plate light which isnt missing with my number plate, and pannier bracket. so i think i should atleast have a look, that wack was it falling off and hitting the tyre. so a km back i find it, alll dinged up on the side of the road, plastic cover for the plat emissing, numbers rubbed off, big grind mark in the number plate light. but atleast i have it. i figure the tail lights shorted everything out since i can see the exposed wires, so i tape them up, didnt stop the bike thinking the hiss imobilizer may kick in if i stop, so i decide to ride to glouster, intersting riding with no tacho or speedo. locked the rear up on a few corners down shifting though.

gota take the rhs fairing off, to get to the mini fuse box which is up under the dash, i have a spare fuse, and it all comes back alive again, the bike did start like that though, which was a relief. bolts are still in the tail for the number plate light, so its just ripped the plastic out by the looks of it. i did tighten these up before i left, as i took my pannier brackets off, which hold the rear number plate as well. i ended up zip tieing the number plate vertical as i had no where else to mount it.

off i go again, decided since i wasted enough time ill skip lunch and breaks, and try going through dungog, last time i went through their i bottomed out shattered my rear hugger and cut my back tyre up. all these coz of very bumpy roads i think.

take it slow through their anyway, which ended up getting to the end ok, and onto the putty, i stop at cockfighters bulga for fuel, which is like charges per gold bar a litre, and clean the visor with some fowl smelling water.

the putty is an awesome road, i stopped to look at the old half way house and find some guy with an eski who owns it now selling cans of soft drink for 3 bucks a can. muttering that the council wont let him rebuild it. anyway i had a chat and went to the other cafe down the road, were i met tex and bundy the dog on a bike.

down through to the end of th eputty and take the northern road figuring the toll roads might hate me with my number plate.

i have about 20gb of video from a little swan action cam ill have to edit, that was mounted to a ram mount. it also takes poor photos.

2013-12-14122756_zpsc5e19dbf.jpg

2013-12-14122805_zps8fdaa465.jpg

2013-12-14125903_zpsc62371c3.jpg

2013-12-14153416_zpsdd790bc4.jpg

2013-12-14162311_zpsc6d76fc3.jpg

2013-12-14163803_zps7eeaf9b3.jpg

2013-12-14163824_zps40f3c2e7.jpg

PICT0006_zps41dc5275.jpg

PICT0007_zps3a10e4ff.jpg

PICT0021_zpse1c0f322.jpg

PICT0022_zps12111a41.jpg

PICT0014_zps10c6f731.jpg

PICT0017_zpsf0663e22.jpg

PICT0019_zps71a86367.jpg

PICT0020_zpsa2bb046b.jpg

the next day i ride home the way i came, an hour out of glouster, i hear a wack from the rear end thinking the tyres let go, so stop quickly, and realie my dash isnt working, no speedo, tacho, lights, nuffin. just a flashing hiss light. bikes still running, and i look at the rear wheel and see wires hanging down, thinking right, then realize those wires should be connected to a number plate light which isnt missing with my number plate, and pannier bracket. so i think i should atleast have a look, that wack was it falling off and hitting the tyre. so a km back i find it, alll dinged up on the side of the road, plastic cover for the plat emissing, numbers rubbed off, big grind mark in the number plate light. but atleast i have it. i figure the tail lights shorted everything out since i can see the exposed wires, so i tape them up, didnt stop the bike thinking the hiss imobilizer may kick in if i stop, so i decide to ride to glouster, intersting riding with no tacho or speedo. locked the rear up on a few corners down shifting though.

Sorry to hear that.

If you ride no number plate bike in Vietnam, you will get a ticket. :p doesn't matter it because of you or the bike itself.

Archived