Bike Tried To Leave Me Stranded Tonight!

DangerousDave

thnx Dave, i have actually been a member here since before VFRWorld...ironically, i discovered VFRWorld when Ivan showed me the crap BB wrote about him on there !! 7th gen is a ghost town over there !!!

• Member Contributer

BB is a douche. He must be some old man that is retired and has absolutely nothing else better to do than sit on that site 8 hours a day and try to start shit with anyone who will bite on his lure. I put him on ignore shortly after joining it was so bad and we had, had no correspondence either.

you have to observe the line between amusing and obnoxious !!!

+1

Meanwhile, we're waiting for you bike to act up again. No malice intended, sorry I don't have emoticons on this mobile version. Most probably some setting here I haven't spotted yet.

lol. Must admit I'm thinking the same thing... part of it out of self-interest to know exactly what the problem is, so I might head it off before it happens to mine.

• 3 weeks later...

Well just an update. I rode to work Wednesday without issue. It was the last nice day before the blizzard rolled across the states, plummeting temps about 40*F in just over a 24 hour period and dumping copious amounts of snow and ice. I contemplated bringing the bike in the shop and removing the Z-bomb during my lunch break, but opted not to. No problems to or from work that day and I still haven't seen the problem show its face again. Still leaning towards possible corrosion on the kill switch contacts. It produced the exact same symptoms as a turned off kill switch. And the last time it actually acted up, I flipped the kill switch from on to off repeatedly, and then the problem went away and hasn't reoccurred since. I'll probably take the switch apart sometime soon and inspect the contacts for signs of corrosion/water intrusion. But that's the latest on that.

Winter sucks. More coming today...so they say. :mad:

I have had the switch fail due to gumption build-up on both a 5th and a 6th gen... it takes all of 5 minutes to open, blast with contact cleaner while working the mechanism, let dry, spray on some anti-H2O and bolt back up... same story with relay... disconnect the relay and inspect... usually you can get a new one for a couple-o-bucks... doesn't have to be OEM... then if it keeps doing it, it's prolly the Bazz-az thingy... check all the relays while you're at it... 15 minutes tops.

Archived