Vf1000R Decals

86VF1000R

So I ordered up some decals for my 86 off the auction site, and I'm trying to determine how accurate they are in terms of size. The Honda wing currently on the tank seems quite small and not original. My painter says the tank has been reprinted in the past. But the new wing appears a bit larger than stock, though I can't confirm this. It measures 4 3/8 from top wing to bottom of the D, and 7 1/2" from H to A. Is anyone able to give me some measurements or are they listed somewhere? It may be that these are for the 85 if they were different, or more likely just not printed correctly.

Thanks in advance-

A

• Member Contributer

So I ordered up some decals for my 86 off the auction site, and I'm trying to determine how accurate they are in terms of size. The Honda wing currently on the tank seems quite small and not original. My painter says the tank has been reprinted in the past. But the new wing appears a bit larger than stock, though I can't confirm this. It measures 4 3/8 from top wing to bottom of the D, and 7 1/2" from H to A. Is anyone able to give me some measurements or are they listed somewhere? It may be that these are for the 85 if they were different, or more likely just not printed correctly.

Thanks in advance-

A

I bought some decals there as well, but I can't remember the seller's ID :-(

They were a complete waste of money. None of them were the correct size, and the colours didn't match either. I emailed the guy and he said they were not sold as reproductions, merely 'likenesses'. Didn't see that anywhere on his listing. Not impressed.

I just checked with AFE graphics and they have s set for your bike: http://cbdecals.afegraphics.com/index.php?adminshopping=&cat_id=207&catname='1985%20vf1000r%20US', and I'd trust them to be accurate. I've had several different set from them and the quality is spot-on.

cheers

ian

• Member Contributer

Unfortunately there are quite a few bad examples of the R decals for sale out there, even from places that say they're experts. The font's are always off and the wing is often wrong as well. AFE(CBDecals) is the place to go if you're serious about a restoration. They're expensive to some people but the alternative is blatantly sub-par.

When I bought that big lot of R stuff, the guy told me there was a stock decal kit in there somewhere. I was psyched to here that till I found it...

No even close...

25c13ab7-de62-41af-902b-69e5c1bd4b5e_zps

Mike- thanks, and keep me posted on those fairing doors-

Kel- those are ridiculous! came across a set like that on the net from extreem decals. wow, not even close. This set came from mexico and actually look pretty good at 30 bucks. At least part of them are useable. Might still spring for the CBdecals set. Need to make sure it's safe to clear over them first.

• Member Contributer

Absolutely AFE graphics/CBDecals. I have had several sets. Accurate and safe to clear over. I'm waiting on a set of fairing decals for my blue CB1100F so I can fix a blemish that's been bothering me.

I haven't seen any others even close. Except for stock.

Archived