Benefactor Of A Vfr Organ Donor

After the passing of SmackD's 93 Gen3, he chose to help those still struggling to keep life in out bikes. I've been the lucky recipient of frame and the very birthright of SmackD's bike.

From one restored white 93 to another, the VIN shall live on!!! I'm so very ready to get started on this tear down and rebuild!

• Member Contributer

Cool! Nice job keeping another 3rd Gen alive. Good luck with your rebuild and as usual...pictures are appreciated!

If the 750 is much like my 800, it's easier to block the engine up off the ground in place, then raise the frame off the engine, and lower the new frame down onto the engine again.

Less muscle than dropping the engine from the frame.

I don't know what pivot less means yet, but I'm sure I'll learn before next week.

My plan is/was to research the best way to get the engine out over the weekend and get back to work next week. Does this mean the suspension should come off next? Or should I be able to unmount the engine and then get a few extra hands to lift off the frame/fork/swing arm?

The 5th gen uses the engine as the pivot for the swingarm, while the 4th gen still uses the frame.

I would put blocks under the engine so you can get it off the wheels, and then remove the forks and swingarm since you're going to have to do that eventually anyway and it makes it easier to just lift off the frame from the engine. I don't remember if the exhaust has to come off or not. Just think of it as going outside in, and then building it back up from the inside out. Good luck and have fun

thanks Matt!

Smack said he had to take the frame/swingarm to the Honda dealer to get the pivot bolt removed. I'm guessing I'll have to do the same, and will also need them to reinstall it.

Archived