33 Liter Honda Blue Top Case

• Member Contributer

Hoping someone out there can help me out. I am thinking of getting the 33 liter OE top case but the only color I can find is the Prominence Red. Anyone know what the part number for the blue is?

• Member Contributer

Where did you find the Red one? I've been looking for about 6 months now and can't find one. Thanks, sorry don't know where to get a blue one though... :mellow:

• Member Contributer

Found a grey one for you (in the Netherlands)

http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/motoren/onderdelen-honda/m708180920-honda-vfr1200-topkoffer-met-montage-54a.html?c=be2da871b0d84f75c3056cc6db858f31&previousPage=lr

But in the UK sales flyer, the top box is listed as 31 liter

Top box kit (31L)

08L55 MGE 810A Candy Prominence Red (R-342C)

08L55 MGE 820A Pearl Sunbeam White (NH-A66P)

08L55 MGE 830A Seal Silver Metallic (NH-A14M)

Fitting Time 0.5 hrs I RRP £500.00

• 31L of carrying capacity

• can store 1 full-face helmet and more

• features a locking quick-detach mounting system

• double link hinges and integrated sealing creates

a new level of smooth design

• top box lid produced in matching colour

• operated with the unit key

• includes: top box carrier & bracket – rear carrier

– back rest pad – mat & straps

Red one

http://www.hansmotorparts.com/index.php?action=article&aid=6201&group_id=10000172〈=EN

Or in the USA

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/honda/HP-08L55-MGE-110.html

http://www.planet-powersports.com/dlrindexsend_pg_catprod_levelcode_91541_catalogcode_8172_partheadernumber_1325485-Color-Matched+Rear+Trunk.htm

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the information Dutchy. All the US sites show the box as a 33 liter box. Honda website showed all the OE accessories for a 2010. I just pulled up the website and all the accessories show for a 2012 except for the trunk and the 2013 does not even show an accessory list. I guess I will have to call the dreaded dealer on Monday. I like the color match box and really don't need anything bigger so this is the one I am wanting to find.

• Member Contributer

I am going to call Keith at Mason City Monday morning. It looks like the blue is just nowhere to be found. If that is the case I am thinking of getting the silver box from the UK. The color is a little different than the silver on the cowl under the seat but I can always do a color change later. At least it will kind of match for now. I am really trying to get this done before the 2nd annual Hog Tie in a couple of weeks.

Oy vey... that is one expensive 33L top box. You can get a Givi B33 for $180. For the price difference, I can live without matching key and color.

I bought the red box and had it painted the 2012 color. Turned out very nice. From my understanding (and the few people I have talked to) the blue box is very hard to find and might not be made anymore? If it was at all?

• Member Contributer

I bought the red box and had it painted the 2012 color. Turned out very nice. From my understanding (and the few people I have talked to) the blue box is very hard to find and might not be made anymore? If it was at all?

Keith at Mason City found the box and it will be in my hand Friday. I will post the part number when I get it.:D

Sent from my crazy hand held thingy using Tapatalk 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Can you post a mart number for that blue box ?

I just looked and I can't find the invoice for the top box. However, if you will call Keith at Mason City Honda he will be happy to give you the part number.

Do you mean Mason City Honda in Mason City IA ? That's over 700 miles from you . That's only hit I got on google for Mason City Honda

Just send them a Email , found that there is a Keith in parts department .

• Member Contributer

Do you mean Mason City Honda in Mason City IA ? That's over 700 miles from you . That's only hit I got on google for Mason City Honda

Just send them a Email , found that there is a Keith in parts department .

That is the place. They are over 1,000 miles from me but we have a pretty large parts on the way from them. They are very good and Keith offers approximately a 20% discount when you mention VFRD.

Archived