Left 2 Cylinders Not Burning

B4V4

• Member Contributer

no need. just pull the plug and tap it out to the next size up. . no big deal at all!!

just put a lot of grease on the pat to trap all the shavings. :fing02:

Yes, this will be my first line of repair. Will be pulling the pan this week and take a look at drilling & tapping next size up. Not too crazy about drilling and tapping upside down, in limited space, with the added bonus of possible shavings in the oil pan.

dude..

put the bike on the center stand and use grease on the tap. you only save yourself an hour or so..

this is a tried and true simple repair. dont beleive me? tap a bolt anywhere.. your bicycle water bottle bolt. go from 5mm to 6mm. put grease all over the tap and be shocked when you pull it out :wink:

• Member Contributer

put the bike on the center stand and use grease on the tap. you only save yourself an hour or so..

this is a tried and true simple repair. dont beleive me? tap a bolt anywhere.. your bicycle water bottle bolt. go from 5mm to 6mm. put grease all over the tap and be shocked when you pull it out :wink:

Yes, the more I read, the more I realize that tapping is definitely the way to go. I image finding a shoulder bolt & crush washer that size should be my next order of business.

However, I do want to take the pipes off anyway. Looking a little speckled so wouldn't mind shooting some exhaust paint on them. Figured this is as good a time as any.

• Member Contributer

Pulling the pan is a pain in the butt, gll429 is right ....

Not so much. Pulled the exhaust off in about 45 mins, 30 of which was trying to get at the silly square-nut off the right pedal assembly so I could get at the rear exhaust joint. The rest was a breeze. Now to find a shoulder bolt and tap the sucker.

Pic of the troublesome bolt off my previous (and spotless) 99.

post-26355-0-05680400-1409019181.png

• Member Contributer

Pulling the pan is a pain in the butt, gll429 is right ....

Not so much. Pulled the exhaust off in about 45 mins, 30 of which was trying to get at the silly square-nut off the right pedal assembly so I could get at the rear exhaust joint. The rest was a breeze. Now to find a shoulder bolt and tap the sucker.

Pic of the troublesome bolt off my previous (and spotless) 99.

attachicon.gifBrakePedal.png

There are sealed with type of black Permatex sealer.

Archived