Difference In Helibars

marriedman

Question

Since I have been looking for Helibars, I have seen the old style pop up more frequently. I checked the Helibar website and they really don't detail the differences. can anyone who has seen both of them in person, or maybe even used both of them tell me exactly what is different between the old style and the new revision?

Old Style

helibars.jpg

New Style

HB01003%20-%202.JPG?itok=YRlN2K6l

Obviously the pinch bolts are different, but that is all I can tell.

5 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

I had the old style on my 2001 VFR and swapped them for stockers...IIRC the newer ones have about 3/4" more height and pull back another 1/2" over the old style.

• Member Contributer

There's also the obvious difference of one pinch bolt vs two. When I got mine (single bolt style) the instructions listed 2 different torque specs for the bolts and admonished in bold, capital letters that it was imperative for safety to torque them properly. I contacted them and they rather sheepishly called me back and admitted that a mistake had been made in the instructions. Double check the spec if you're unsure when you install them - it's different between the two.

The difference between the new style and old-style is the one with only one Pinch bolt that allows you to raise up the bars little bit higher which was the most popular request from owners. I believe that the heli bars are 1 1/4" taller and a 1 1/2" closer to rider.

I am more than likely going to order a set very soon as doing a 5000km ride soon to sturgis and around. I will keep u posted on the difference

Archived