Anyone With Dime City Muffler Experience?

BRad704

I am intrigued by the cone mufflers like Dime City shorty's and the Tyga Maggots.

Anyone have any direct experience with the Dime City mufflers?

http://www.dimecitycycles.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=muffler&x=-1287&y=-24

If I ever get around to swapping on a 4th gen header and fabbing a left-exit, I think the look would be great on my 3rd Gen.

80-2250-vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bob

OOHhhhh... duh.... I was trying to figure out what it meant as an acronym.

I saw a youtube vid of a Honda CB550 cafe bike with one on it and it got me thinking about them. Pretty cheap (like Dan Moto-cheap) and if they DO have a baffle that would knock off a few db's, it might be a good fit.

• Member Contributer

I was seriously considering this exact muffler over the winter, but didn't act for various reasons. Now that riding season has finally come to the upper midwest, I'm glad I didn't. I moved to a place about 1/2 block off a semi-busy arterial and I can already not stand the sound of poorly muffled motorcycles, both harleys/cruisers (do you need to rev in the middle of the block?) and sport bikes (you can upshift now, jackass). Sure there are a few here and there that have a nice exhaust tone, but mostly it sounds like shit. If I feel this way, I can imagine that most people hate them all.

I know a lot of riders with loud exhaust systems that give the excuse that it only takes them a few seconds to pass by, but they don't consider that there is another rider with a loud ass exhaust and the same excuse about a minute behind them.

There is a "quiet core" version available as well. I ran across a few threads on cafe sites that the shorty can makes dialing in fuelling a bit more difficult.

• Member Contributer

(do you need to rev in the middle of the block?) and sport bikes (you can upshift now, jackass).

Nailed it. :laughing6-hehe:

Archived