Braided Lines For An 85 Vf1000R

JWhelan65

• Member Contributer

go to any harley shop and get some goodrich "sniper 2" fittings and custom make your own lines.

the tubing is 1/3 the diameter of n"normal ' lines and are 10,000 psi rated :fing02:

you get it in black or braided

all you need..

4 working brain cells.

8 , 10 and 12 mm wrenchs

a good set of sharp diagonal cutters.

new brake fluid

and your drink of choice :beer:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got all mine from Spiegler, http://www.spieglerusa.com/brakes/cycle-brake-line-kits.html You can rotate the banjos...

I too, went to Spiegler. 2-line kit for the front. Rotated the banjos, don't forget the longer banjo bolt, and they fit awesome. Red ends with smoke lines.

• Member Contributer

Depending on how you have the bars adjusted, a double banjo at the master cylinder can come very close and even hit the gauges with steering at full left. Just something to look for at installation.

I recently bought some Venhill brake lines from the UK, great fit, it's a two line kit but they have three line with a splitter if you prefer.

Great quality, great fit and they look fantastic.

I recently bought some Venhill brake lines from the UK, great fit, it's a two line kit but they have three line with a splitter if you prefer.

Great quality, great fit and they look fantastic.

I got Venhill domed allen head banjo bolts, and while I found them to be quite attractive, they are rather soft as well.

I stripped one of the allen heads with a 3/8" drive allen bit using a 3/8" torque wrench, set to the recommended value in the FSM.

I want to say they were 5mm drive, but I forget at the moment.

Archived