New To Vfrd And Already Building

Guest machloosy

I guess it kind of depends on what type of speed contest we are talking about here... Top speed he should be quicker especially with fairings but lower speed acceleration should be close. Stock hp ratings are close to the same.

That sucks... Mine looks so much cooler, sounds so much cooler, is more comfortable to ride, etc. Hate that a chump on a 600rr/zx6r/gsxr600/etc can beat up on me. I can beat the junk riders up too 100(don't go much into triple digits), but any guy who can shift, can win. Oh well....

Don't worry you'll get there eventually with hard work, dedication, and percistence. I beat up on 2011 and 2012 zx6r's, 2004 gsxr600's, 1993 cbr900rr all day at the strip. I even beat a 2013 zx10r with a full akro exhaust the other night (admittedly he didn't know what he was doing and flew blew by me at 140 after we crossed the 1/4 mark). I am running neck and neck with my friends daytona 675 at the moment (gutted cat, 2 bros slip on, ecu reflash, and no passenger pegs) and I almost beat my buddy on his 2006 R1 (10.88 vs 10.95). You just need to get a proper exhaust and also get that fueling sorted. I can't get into the tens with open header, believe me I tried. It sounds faster, but its not lol...

P.S. a 520 sprocket kit works wonders too.

"Meeces" in the airbox sometimes = mouse pee leaking into carbs..... that's could be why your slides are seized.....

Make sure the pee did not go any deeper into the induction system and engine as it has been known to eat into more major (More mechanical) stuff in the engine itself if left to sit in there too long..... I've heard and seen really bad cases of this happening.

I never did understand why mice like to live in airboxes. It must stink of gasoline in there so bad. I guess they get high on it and enjoy it.....

Good luck with your 3rd gen re-build!

Beck

95 VFR

:offtopic:

I discovered this when re-building a CB750. They were no longer mice after the fumes got to them...

rous.jpg

True story. :offtopic:

Welcome to VFRD! Glad to see another one being resurrected!

inconceivable !

• 3 months later...

After neglecting you guys for almost 3mons, I decided to pop back in and add pictures of how she looked when I sold her as well as various build pics. It was hard to let it go, but I made almost double the money I had in it. These bikes are really hard to not get addicted too...

post-26893-0-89267700-1380144411.jpg

post-26893-0-59028200-1380144428.jpg

post-26893-0-77760100-1380144445.jpgpost-26893-0-65823500-1380144461.jpgpost-26893-0-74141700-1380144476.jpgpost-26893-0-73135900-1380144513.jpg

When the dust settled, it had an acerbis headlight, 180 rear, cbr f4i seat and cowel, a cheap side mount bracket for the plate, no turn signals or mirrors, and a nice little plastidipped overflow tank haha. It got looks everywhere and sounded so incredibly good. Loved that bike and will get another for sure

• Member Contributer

"Meeces" in the airbox sometimes = mouse pee leaking into carbs..... that's could be why your slides are seized.....

Make sure the pee did not go any deeper into the induction system and engine as it has been known to eat into more major (More mechanical) stuff in the engine itself if left to sit in there too long..... I've heard and seen really bad cases of this happening.

I never did understand why mice like to live in airboxes. It must stink of gasoline in there so bad. I guess they get high on it and enjoy it.....

Good luck with your 3rd gen re-build!

Beck

95 VFR

:offtopic:

I discovered this when re-building a CB750. They were no longer mice after the fumes got to them...

rous.jpg

True story. :offtopic:

Welcome to VFRD! Glad to see another one being resurrected!

inconceivable !

I don' think that word means what you think it means....

Archived