Winter Projects:

Yokel

• Member Contributer

What's on the list for your 7th gen over the winter?

I've got a centerstand I'm putting on... might do some wiring plug-in points. May do some kludging on the luggage I've got.

How about you?

• Member Contributer

Suspension upgrade, Penske shock, re-spring and re-valve the forks. 8987 is on the way to Penske for re-build, still pondering what to do with the forks.

• Member Contributer

For both the 2012 and 2010 VFR's will have electronic cruise control installed from www.mccruise.com. Units have arrived from Australia. Will also have Knight Design 1 inch lower foot pegs installed on both bikes. New Bridgestone Battlax 023 rubber will also go on 2010. A LeoVince R EVOII Exhaust also a possibility for the 2010.

Maybe I will replace my clutch cover from the garage knock over damage {COVER ASSY., R. 11330-MGE-010 x 1 retail price $303.75 my actual cost $207.15} but, I may just leave it there until hell freezes over again.

My projects involve older Honda motorcycles like the CBX and the twin turbo CBX I am building over the next 2 or so years, it takes a lot of money that I don't have yet but, I do already have a 0 mile 32 year old CBX school bike engine that will get a Falicon crank, Carillo rods, Wiseco pistons and a bunch of head work. All I need is the million dollars worth of stainless pipes for the turbo and the twin turbos with carbs of course.

• Member Contributer

Yokel, did you pull the trigger on the house? The last we heard you were considering selling the bike to add to the down payment...

It's not a 7th gen project but I've got a coolant recall to deal w/ before 31 Dec 2012... Nothing like getting your bike serviced in the dead of winter...

• Member Contributer

Yokel, did you pull the trigger on the house? The last we heard you were considering selling the bike to add to the down payment...

No. I've not pulled the trigger... and even if I could get the price I wanted for the VFR, I'm not totally convinced I'd sell it. Like it too much. :rolleyes:

Spring is when I've got the date for the house. Garage is priority 1. LOL

For both the 2012 and 2010 VFR's will have electronic cruise control installed from www.mccruise.com. Units have arrived from Australia. Will also have Knight Design 1 inch lower foot pegs installed on both bikes. New Bridgestone Battlax 023 rubber will also go on 2010. A LeoVince R EVOII Exhaust also a possibility for the 2010.

Curious how the electric cruise works out... keep us posted on that. :)

Suspension upgrade, Penske shock, re-spring and re-valve the forks. 8987 is on the way to Penske for re-build, still pondering what to do with the forks.

I need to do this in a big way. Are you getting the shock direct from Penske?

• Member Contributer

1. Modify PCV entry point on the airbox.

2.Install Seb’s clutch cover with see thru window and replace clutches and plates.

3. Send out front sliders for rebuild.

4. Install voltage monitor. All ready purchased.

5. Install heated grips. All ready purchased.

Archived