6Th Gen: Seat Cowl, Prevent It From Rubbin On The Rear Cowl.

Audigier

Hello, after removing my seat cowl i noticed it rubbed the rear cowl, the rubber parts under the seat cowl did not prevented it from rubbing, has anyone ever fixed this? the marks are not much visible but i know about them and triggers my OCD (as som1 here said) and drives me crazy, i really want to install the seat cowl again but wanna fix this first.

• Member Contributer

This happens on mine as well. I have ignored it and count it as a small victory over my OCD tendencies ...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

• Member Contributer

Mine did that when I tried to use it with my Sargent seat. I took the rubber trim off the front and used a dremel tool to enlarge the opening at the front. Re-installed the trim and then then cut off the rear tab. This allowed the cowl to "pivot" towards the front. Fits great now, and no rubbing.

• Member Contributer

The P.O. of mine decided to try using touch up paint on the areas that the cowl rubbed. Two things on this planet should not exist - One is a bra for vehicles (ok - or women) and Two - is touch up paint. It just jacks things up more than they already were and makes it even more noticable. I am another owner trying very diligently to overcome OCD issues on things like this. I guess putting the cowl on would be the best "cover-up" for the problem. At least my cowl came double wrapped in bubble wrap and included the tabs to cover the grab rail holes.

• Member Contributer

i use some of the 3m clear tank protector stuff, like the tankslapper product just i feel this is more invisible, it can be polished when it get scuffed. if it gets to bad just remove and replace.

i get it here

http://www.invisiblemask.com/cgi-bin/products_ip/browser.cgi?prevtype=Motorcycles&prevyear=2004&prevmake=Honda&prevmodel=&prevsubmodel=&prevseries=&type=Motorcycles&year=2004&make=Honda&model=VFR+800

they also sell in rolls to cut your own shapes, which is what i did for the odd spots where i have stuff rub like the seat cowl.

• Member Contributer

3dcycle beat me to it.

In the past I have seen the hood, tank, whatever protector film recommended to protect that area.

I have the Tank Slapper stuff on my tank, not the 3M but the static cling product.

It does look like either product would work.

I just quit using mine.

(Mostly because I added a FastPack tail bag. Works great for hauling stuff, but didn't make me a bit faster.)

Archived