Poll: Which Altered Fairing Looks Best (Check Pics In First Post) And Looks Like It Could Have Been On A Vf750F?

greatwhite

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which fairing/winscreen option (see pics in post) looks best and captures the VF750F feel?

• Option 1
    • Option 2

• Member Contributer

Love the mods. Not loving the mirrors.

I'd like to see your fairing out there uncluttered. Bar end mirrors are one of my favorites.

I like bar end mirrors as well, but in this case, I think the 600 mirrors provide a 'reason' for that wider area you were trying to pinch in (post #14 in this thread). Nice work.

Glenn

Love the mods. Not loving the mirrors.

I'd like to see your fairing out there uncluttered. Bar end mirrors are one of my favorites.

Thanks. High compliments considering the source.

Im not a fan of barend mirrors but have and would consider them.

Any chance you might have a few decent picks of your vf1000f bar ends from front, rear and side?

It would help if i could see a set installed on a vf....

Ha!!! Chiming in late here..but was wondering about two things re: fairing swap.

Is it just to get you more lumens out front and is the original or stock unit effed up?

There are easier ways to get more light out front....and keep the original stock contours of the factory designed

aerodynamics.

• Member Contributer

#1 looks better.

#2 looks like Bender.

#3 is somewhere in between?

Ha, I can't help but see Bender every time I look at them now. :laughing6-hehe:

Ha!!! Chiming in late here..but was wondering about two things re: fairing swap.

Is it just to get you more lumens out front and is the original or stock unit effed up?

There are easier ways to get more light out front....and keep the original stock contours of the factory designed

aerodynamics.

Meh, to be different as much as anything else.

I also like the dysl headlight look of the cbx750f.

I have one of these Rizoma mirrors on my (very dusty) VF. Not sure it will stay, it looks alright but I'm not in love with it. Still have to find another one...

7-15-09011.jpg

12-30-09001.jpg

8-15-10003.jpg

Interesting.

Cant say i like the bar end braket. Looks like a steer horn.

I'd Have to go with something smaller and with less visual impact.

For me it's make it look like the stock mirrors or make it as hidden as possible.

Toms small round ones on his F's are a possibility...

#1 looks better.

#2 looks like Bender.

#3 is somewhere in between?

Ha, I can't help but see Bender every time I look at them now. :laughing6-hehe:

Thats cool, everyone needs a laugh now and then!

I actually see it too... :)

The bar end bracket was inspired by my mountain bike, they won't be used. They were turned into headlight brackets for another project a long time ago.

I don't mind the bar end mirrors, I have a set on yet another project. Only down side is the extra width. Takes a little to get used to having to look down too.

The bar end bracket was inspired by my mountain bike, they won't be used. They were turned into headlight brackets for another project a long time ago.

I don't mind the bar end mirrors, I have a set on yet another project. Only down side is the extra width. Takes a little to get used to having to look down too.

Strange you should say that, i was thinking that it looked like the bar ends on my mountain bike when i first saw them....

• Member Contributer

Thanks. High compliments considering the source.

Im not a fan of barend mirrors but have and would consider them.

Any chance you might have a few decent picks of your vf1000f bar ends from front, rear and side?

It would help if i could see a set installed on a vf....

Here are a couple pics. Also take a look at the pic in my signature, both bikes are using the same mirrors. They are CRG lane splitters. They will fold in if you smack something(!) or just when the bikes are stored.

post-10340-0-37403700-1354678621.jpg

post-10340-0-87535200-1354678638.jpg

post-10340-0-85474000-1354678656.jpg

post-10340-0-42958900-1354678669.jpg

Yeah, can't warm up to bar end mirrors.

Just something about "the look".

But I'm not keen fairing mount ones either.

I'm in a "no win" situ.

About the best compromise I've seen is on this cbx:

detail01_b.jpg

main.jpg

Not sure where to get 'em though. Might be a custom set and they're probably OMG priced.

I might be able to get and acceptable compromise if i cut down a cbr set....dunno. Have to wait for the cheap set I bought for mock up to show up before i can start cutting....

• Member Contributer

Makes it look like a sad ant...sorta...

Unfortunately mirrors are necessary, and at least one is required. I used to run just one larger bar end mirror on the left only, turned down so it was below the clip-on. Rode for years that way. I know a guy who rides a R6 who removed the stock mirrors and used 2 tiny convex mirrors inside the fairing by the gauges...

Can`t recommend that though...

It`s a struggle to find something that doesn`t detract from the looks and is still somewhat functional.

I wish you luck.

Well screw it.

I picked up a set of bar end mirors off ebay for cheap.

I think they're knock offs of Tom's ones above.

for 15 bucks I'll chuck em on.

If I like 'em I will spend a bit more cash on better quality ones, if I don't like 'em its only 15 bucks so no big deal.....

Archived