Removing the Servo Motor & cable on Baffle Plate

crazybrother

OK gentlemen...ESRM is installed and works perfectly! :biggrin:

Installation is really simple and only takes a few minutes. The steps are just like the video already posted but here is my step by step for those who may prefer to read in addition to the video.

You only need electrical tape and 2 tools...a metric allen wrench and a tool for the side panel push pin(I used a small phillips screwdriver).

1. Remove seat

2. Remove right rear silver side panel (2 allen bolts on top and the underneath push pin. Take notice of boss)

3. Disconnect servo plug.

4. Remove servo motor (2 allen bolts which are conveniently the same size as the side cover) and place with other unnecessary stock parts.

5. Determine which side of stock servo connector has 3 wires and correctly insert ESRM. Damn this thing is small...Sweet!

6. Wrap with electtrical tape and secure.

7. Reinstall side cover and observe all your new storage space!

8. Reinstall seat and check your tire pressures before you ride. Enjoy!

Huge kudos and Thanx to Iversun for sticking with it and getting this done for us. You sir Rock! :fing02:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can be used with stock exhaust I'm assuming? If so I'm in.

I am guessing you have disconnected the exhaust flapper cable so the stock pipe remains always open. If so, yes you can use the ESRM and remove all of the stock bs.

Couple questions from someone doing their first exhaust mod: where exactly is the flapper located? I'm getting a two bros this spring...does the flapper get removed when the stock exhaust comes off?

Couple questions from someone doing their first exhaust mod: where exactly is the flapper located? I'm getting a two bros this spring...does the flapper get removed when the stock exhaust comes off?

yes.

Yep, part received about a week ago.

The way I understand it, he is making these in his spare time when he can. In addition he is making them available for the CBR riders as well.

Considering the extremely small size and the ridiculously low price compared to what is available elsewhere...certainly worth the wait IMO.

If you have sent money, perhaps you should shoot him a message about an ETA update.

Yep, part received about a week ago.

The way I understand it, he is making these in his spare time when he can. In addition he is making them available for the CBR riders as well.

Considering the extremely small size and the ridiculously low price compared to what is available elsewhere...certainly worth the wait IMO.

If you have sent money, perhaps you should shoot him a message about an ETA update.

Yeah, I dropped him a pm but hadn't heard back. Looked like he was ready to post them after you confirmed function of the part .

I will only be at given address for couple more days, then bounce all over the country for next 3 months.

Not a big deal. I will try to contact him again to maybe cancel and do it later in the year. Thanks

Hey everyone, I'm here! Sorry for the slow replies, I've been busy building and shipping these out.

However, it seems as if we've hit a road block... I'll let Glory explain the exact details, but it seems like the units for VFR's (and maybe 1000RR's?) might not be working. I'll need a day or two to figure out what the deal is, and what I'm going to do.

I know I've had a few VFR members pay for a chip. There is a part of me that wants to just say eff-it and give up on the project. A part of me wants to keep developing this to make a solution that works. There will be a few options:

#1) If I bail on the project, I will refund everyone who's paid for a unit.

#2) If I keep working on the project, you can get a refund immediately: but please keep in mind, your funds help me pay for R&D so I don't have to pay out-of-pocket which is nice. But, if you want your money back, I understand and will happily refund anyone.

#3) If you've made a payment, you can wait until I have a working chip and then I'll send it to you ASAP.

UPDATE...Rode yesterday with the ESRM installed and apparently it still has some bugs and is triggering the engine light once you are underway.

When I originally recieved the test unit I installed, turned on the key and no engine light...Cool! Fired up the bike and blipped the throttle with no engine light...Cool! Figured we were good to go. A few days later we get some rain to wash the salt off the roads and yesterdays forecasted temp was in the 50's...so out for a ride I go. Frickin engine light came on once I was underway and reved the engine...Damnit! When I returned home I reinstalled the stock servo motor and the engine light went out and stayed out.

My bad for not going on an actual test ride...I apologize for not catching this initially.

Here is to hoping and praying that Iversun continues to research and solve this for us. Come on man...you can do it! :smile:

So, whats up Iverson? I asked you for a refund 3 times now, with no response. Its not much $ but I guess its the principal thing.

Sucks that i have to go through pay pal for a refund.

• Member Contributer

• Forum CEO

Topic locked, members used this board to vend without approval, then failed to follow through with refund request when the project failed. Member suspended for vfrd rules violations, topic is closed.

Archived