Removing the Servo Motor & cable on Baffle Plate

crazybrother

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Yes, I'd like one as well. Let me know when you're ready and I'll paypal some funds over (or whatever works for you). I wonder what I'll use all that space for?

I'm using it for tools...

2012-09-19181456_zps202123cd.jpg

2012-09-19180853_zps715b207e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for your persistence . Have been keeping an eye on this thread, and looking forward to dumping the servo with one of your plugs. Just let me know where and when to send $ !!!!!
Yes, I'd like one as well. Let me know when you're ready and I'll paypal some funds over (or whatever works for you). I wonder what I'll use all that space for?

Thanks for the support guys! I'll add you to my "list" so I can PM you when I'm ready.

Sadly, I've got some bad news... Late last week, I took a few orders for some PnP boards because I had a new batch ready to go - all built off the working proto-type I had (pictures above in post #21), which I was supposed to ship them out early this week. I tested all of them in my bike before shipping them out, and they didn't work. :-/

I don't know why "exactly" but I'm told it had something to do with a batch of resistors that were damaged during the installation process. Part of the reason, was the board design. So while that sucks, the REAL bad news is that I have to wait another 2 to 3 weeks before I'll have another batch of boards to ship out.

I know a lot of people are wanting to get these boards, and I promise... they ARE coming. I just want to make sure I do it right. If you have questions, post here or PM me!

Cheers, and as always... thanks for everyone's support!!

-Bjorn Iverson

Founder of ZG

www.zgempire.com

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I just got my shipment of boards in last night! Attached below is the most recent PNP and DIY version.

I will be building a few of each and testing them (hopefully) within the next week. If they all work, I'll start shipping. First, to those who have already paid. And then in the order that people have contacted me.

IF things go smoothly (please, see IF) I should be able to have EVERYONE taken care of in the next two or three weeks?

Just wanted to say thanks again for everyone's support (and patience) as I get these finished and dialed in.

post-26105-0-20251600-1357333048.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Man, I can't believe how fast time flies. As some of you may know, I run a local sportbike group in Minnesota called the ZeroGravity Empire. We've got a little over 2,000 members and counting.

Anyways, Jan 11-13 was when the Intl MC Show came to Minneapolis, where we had a booth. I was extremely busy with that the weeks prior, and am just now getting caught up on emails, PM's, etc.

Long story short... I should have a batch of working ESRM's in my hands tonight! I will start testing, and shipping as early as tomorrow night. I do apologize this has taken so long, but this is technically just a "side project" for me and other things come first (work, family, ZG, etc).

But we're almost there! Yeehaw! Below is a list of VFRD members I have 'waiting' for me to start collecting money & shipping. If you're not on the list, and you want to me, please contact me!

Cheers!

WAITING LIST: gloryracing (official VFRD tester), dublflush, BrandX, phobe, Volfy, Georges

Man, I can't believe how fast time flies. As some of you may know, I run a local sportbike group in Minnesota called the ZeroGravity Empire. We've got a little over 2,000 members and counting.

Anyways, Jan 11-13 was when the Intl MC Show came to Minneapolis, where we had a booth. I was extremely busy with that the weeks prior, and am just now getting caught up on emails, PM's, etc.

Long story short... I should have a batch of working ESRM's in my hands tonight! I will start testing, and shipping as early as tomorrow night. I do apologize this has taken so long, but this is technically just a "side project" for me and other things come first (work, family, ZG, etc).

But we're almost there! Yeehaw! Below is a list of VFRD members I have 'waiting' for me to start collecting money & shipping. If you're not on the list, and you want to me, please contact me!

Cheers!

WAITING LIST: gloryracing (official VFRD tester), dublflush, BrandX, phobe, Volfy, Georges

I had no doubts you would eventually get it done! Sent you a pm. Thanx!

• 2 weeks later...
GOOD NEWS! I've FINALLY got some PnP in stock!! I had to go to the production site in person to help figure some stuff out, but we've finally got them. Bench tested AND tested in my 2008 1000RR, and they're all working, bagged, and ready to ship!

I'll be shipping one tonight to glory racing, so he can test it (and document the installation procedure) for me. As soon as he gives a thumbs up, I will sell them to anyone who wants one. Check out the pictures I took of the building process below:

01. THERE ARE 4 COMPONENTS THAT NEED TO BE SOLDERED TO THE BOARD. TWO OF THEM ARE THESE BLACK CHIPS:

post-26105-0-19734200-1360777582.jpg

02. TWEEZERS ARE NEEDED TO PLACE THE COMPONENTS CORRECTLY ON THE BOARD

post-26105-0-10998000-1360777583.jpg

03. A MICROSCOPE AND PICK ARE ALSO NEEDED WHEN BUILDING THE CHIPS

post-26105-0-64740700-1360777583.jpg

04. WHAT THE ESRM LOOKS LIKE AFTER THE COMPONENTS ARE SOLDERED ONTO THE BOARD, NOW THEY NEED PINS

post-26105-0-98876900-1360777583.jpg

05. ADDING PINS ONTO THE PNP ESRM BOARD

post-26105-0-44081500-1360777584.jpg

06. PINS ARE SOLDERED IN PLACE, BENCH TESTED, BIKE TESTED, AND THEN BAGGED IN AN ANTI-STATIC BAG

post-26105-0-79621100-1360777584.jpg

07. FROM PRINTED CIRCUIT BOARDS TO FINAL PRODUCT

post-26105-0-31943700-1360777585.jpg

Will we be able to use pay pal??

Yes! The only way I will accept payments is through PayPal (for those who don't have a PayPal account, that's okay, you can use your credit card securely via PayPal with no account necessary).

Looks great. Let us know.

I'm on the list, so let me know when it's my turn. Thanks. :woohoo:

Soon, I hope! The testing unit is on its way to Glory. He'll post the results, and installation pictures. As soon as that happens, I'll be ready to ship.

Also, there was a question asked on 1000RR.net I'll share here along with my reply:

Will the board be coated/dipped to protect it or is it fine exposed as you have it pictured?
Good question! Originally, I was going to dip the final product in a "liquid electrical tape" but after some bench testing and discussing with my engineer, we've decided against it for now
Simply put, it has the possibility of doing more harm than good in the long run (peeling/lifting over time, capturing/pooling water, maintaining dampness, rusting/deterioration over time, etc). The best route to go would be some sort of potted/epoxy design, but I'm not that fancy quite yet - and would probably be overkill.
The design and location of the chip means even when riding in an extreme downpour of rain, it will remain relatively dry. And if the chip is exposed to water, there should be no issues. Obviously, I wouldn't try to ride through 6ft of standing water... but I ride in the rain all the time, and wouldn't think twice about it.

I wouldn't bother with epoxy potting and such. Industrial circuits boards gets conformal coating for environmental protection. You might consider getting the spray can kind. One will last probably 200 production runs for you.

Here's one example: http://www.theruststore.com/Cortec-P156C28.aspx?gclid=CJuYxYLWtrUCFQuqnQodmF8AlA You can probably get something similar locally where you are at an industrial electrical supply house.

Actually, the company I work for makes a conformal coating for circuit boards that has a Vapor-phase Corrosion Inhibitor (VCI) in it. Not sure why I didn't think of it before, I used it on some custom circuit boards I built that were used in the "trunk" of my 1000RR a few years ago.

Thanks for the idea/feedback!

EDIT: The can pictured in that link is my company's product, lol. Sweet!

I created a video that shows the installation process of the ESRM. Check it out, and let me know what you guys think! Thanks :)

-Bjorn Iverson

Founder of ZG

www.zgempire.com

• Member Contributer

iverSUN,

You mentioned that you were going to test it (with "Glory"). I assume the test was a success (since you're now shipping)? If so, I'd like to order one.

Thanks.

I've tested and confirmed for the 2008+ Honda CBR 1000RR's, and started shipping those out.

Glory's ESRM's are in the mail, and we're still waiting to make sure they work for the VFR. There is no reason why they shouldn't, but before I start shipping them out to VFR owners, I want to make sure. I expect to start shipping these out to VFR owners in a week or two? I'll PM you with details! Thanks,

-Bjorn

iverSUN, Check post #14 in this thread...Hope that gets me a place in line. PM me your PayPay info and final cost, and I'll get payment out to you asap. Much appreciated.

I got you covered, PM sent! Thanks :)

Archived